Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
drogers
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Still unable to Back up Playbook!

If the bet you took was for us to wait 6 months for a fix then yes you've won. I expect a simple backup procedure to a) work and b) if it doesn't work, for it to be fixed quickly.

The procedures described in this thread and many others has not worked for me. The only thing I haven't tried is a security wipe. I am not willing (nor should I be expected to) lose all app data in order to preform a backup of my PlayBook.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lloydswan7
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: 3068622107

oh i know the playbook needs android updates they know this themselves wait till feb 17th
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

drogers wrote:
If the bet you took was for us to wait 6 months for a fix then yes you've won.

drogers: "I'm willing to bet that when 2.0 is released next week, it will recommend that we backup beforehand."

That was the only time I saw "bet" in the thread....

Anyway, I don't get the impression you're someone who came here to seek help, so I'll be moving on to help those who did.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
lloydswan7
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: 3068622107

we will wait till then and see
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Check and see if you have sufficient space on your computer hard drive to back up the PlayBook. If you have plenty of music, photos or videos on your PlayBook, it could take up to 64 GB if the PB is just about full.
You should not lose your Apps, if you purchase them once, you can reinstall them from the App Store at no additional cost.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drogers
My Device: Not Specified

Space wasn't the issue. I forgot to turn on my computer when attempting to backup. Once turned on I forgot that not only didn't I have DM installed but there was no OS running at all! Most who do not want to resort to a security wipe are not concerned with the loss of apps, they are not willing to lose app data.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dhyde79
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm actually a step worse off, I'm running whatever the current Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac is, and my playbook is completely up to date, but, I can't even get BDS to review the items to back up, it starts that process and fails.  it worked last time I tried to backup (before OS2 launched) and now, the video camera doesn't record audio at all, it's like the mics are blown or picking up huge amounts of white noise static.  I was going to wipe it then see if it fixed it before trying to get a replacement but, I can't wipe without doing the backup first as I'd really like NOT to lose all of my info on it.....

any suggestions would be welcome as long as they aren't "get a windows machine instead of a mac"  please, try to stay constructive instead of being a troll.

Please use plain text.