If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
Vibes
My Device: PlayBook 2.0
My Carrier: AT&T

Stream video from PlayBook to TV media player

Is it possible to stream video to my tv from my BlackBerry PlayBook tablet  over my Archos TV+ media player [specs] device?

(There are options like UPnP and WiFi  available)

Thank you.

Vibes

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Stream video from PlayBook to TV media player

From your Archos, you should be able to access video files on the PlayBook via Wifi as long as you have enabled file sharing in the PlayBook settings. Selecting and playing the video would then be done from the Archos. See:

http://www.archos.com/manuals/A80G9_EN.htm#zzee_link_39_1312982515

There are rumours and some indications that BB10 will support UPnP (DLNA). How that will work exactly is not yet known, but it is likely that the BB10 device will act as a controller (for functionality like "Play On") and server, and maybe as a viewer. BB10 is expected to come to PlayBook after BB10 has been released on phones, probably next summer.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Vibes
My Device: PlayBook 2.0
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Stream video from PlayBook to TV media player

Thanks for your answer.

I turned on file sharing and wi-fi sharing but the ARCHOS media box doesn't find my PlayBook. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Do I need an app for that?

Please use plain text.