Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Julie1215
My Device: Playbook & Torch 9800

Stylus Pens

Do stylus pens work with the Playbook or any of the phones touch screens?  If so - which one works?  I have not been able to find one the will work but sure would like one to.  Does having a sreen protector on them stop the pen from working?

Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray

Re: Stylus Pens

Well, I found below thread via a google search though I never tested on what you asked for.. I thought may be you'd find anything interesting.

Stylus for Playbook?

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Contributor
mark811
My Device: Playbook

I have some no name Universal Capacitive Stylus Pens and they work fine, I don't have a screen protector to try for you.

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

I have a capacitive stylus (basically a hollow hemispherical rubber tip). I don't find it any more accurate than my finger tip after a year's use with a finger.

Why use a screen protector?. They are soft, never quite transparent and not very smooth to the fingers. The Glass screen on playbook is hard, clear and very smooth. I have never scratched either screen in daily use. It's why they use glass. Unless you are a garage mechanic or a builder using one at work I would not bother. 

My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have used Tru screen protectors on my touch screens and they dont interfere with a sylus for me on my Torch.

I use it on my Torch as the screen is plastic.

I dont use one on my PlayBook but do have them on my Kids PlayBooks since they do some strange things like drag cars on them or use as a serving tray. keeping kids from doing this can be a challenge at times.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
cargobikeman106
My Device: 9000 bold/Os5 / Playbook OS v 2.1.0.1314

I've had good luck with a stylus/playbook BB tablet