Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800; Plackberry PlayBook

Suggestion for the PlayBook Team

There have been suggestions made and issues identified with the PlayBook on this and other forums. Many of these are understandable with the initial release of a totally new product, new OS, and very limited development time.

My issue is more fundamental: What is the PlayBook supposed to be?

1) Business Tool?

2) Entertainment Device?

3) Smartphone Extension/Enhancement?

It appears that PlayBook is trying to be "all of the above, to all people, and master of none"

The PlayBook was to be my business tool. Unfortunately it currently fails to meet my minimum business requirements. The functionality for the two other uses seems to be limited as well.

It would be helpful if the PlayBook Team conveyed the primary purpose of the PlayBook; and, concentrated  development in that direction. This would provide a realistic expectations as to the future use of my PlayBook.

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Suggestion for the PlayBook Team

What is wrong with all of the above?

What's the focus of the iPad, Xoom and Tab?

I do believe you'll see it fulfill all three as apps develop and time passes. Obviously right now it's not serving your needs.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I vote for all the above.

What are you looking to do with it?

What cant it do for you now?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

I think balticbeau has a point - even though the PlayBook's hardware rocks and the OS isn't that bad, it's more a beta-product. It's horrible for developers (there are so many things you currently can't create :smileysad: ) and there are so many apps that are missing (but should be included when buying...).

Waiting for the "summer-update" sucks and I think RIM will loose (or already lost) some (potential) clients...

A simple mail-app couldn't have been a big problem...updating something that already exists (and make it more awesome) is easier than don't delivering it because people get less unhappy when working with simple apps than when having no app at all...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612