If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
david_romano
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Synching Phone with Playbook

I recently purchased a Playbook (still awaiting it's delivery). I've watched tutorials but haven't seemed to find the answer as clear as I though I might. I'm assuming this is possible but like I said, I haven't seen anything that has clearly indicated it was the case. Is it possibly to merge all my contacts and calendar meetings from my phone to the playbook? If so, is this done thru the Blackberry Bridge application?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Synching Phone with Playbook

The Bridge application will allow you to view your contacts and calendar on the Playbook. The Playbook doesn't sync with the BB or Outlook. If you want to sync you would need to sync your BB with a service like Google then sync the Playbook with Google.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
david_romano
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Could an alternate option be, using desktop manager on a PC, back-up contacts and calendar and then upload the back-up file from the PC to the Playbook? Would that work do you know?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The Playbook and the BlackBerry use totally different operating systems so the backup files are not compatible with each other. It's possible that once BB10 comes out that might be an option.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

David,

Because there are so many people that search through these forums looking for answers but never sign up or post I'm going to answer your PM questions here.  Many probably have the same questions. 

So the only way to get my contacts that are on my actual BB Curve to save on my Playbook, would be for me to manually add them in?

Correct, but with the exceptions I listed above.  If your emai account is a Microsoft Exchange account then you can add that email and pull down the contacts and calendar that way and it would sync.  Also, as I mentioned you could do it with Google too.

If I didnt have any intentions on saving them, I could alwasy just connect via BB Bridge and pull them up that way, correct?

That's correct.

Final question, when connected via Bridge, are you able to simulateously have your BB contacts or calendar open on the Playbook and still use your BB to say facebook or tweet?

Yes, while bridged you can use either device.  I love it.

I apoligize for the abundance of questions. I do appreciate your expertise in this matter. Are you a blackberry tech (guru)?

This website isn't staffed by BlackBerry employees.  I (and others) am just an end-user just like you who has spent considerable time helping others with their BB devices on this website and others like www.blackberryforums.com

John

Please use plain text.