Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: curve 9380 and Playbook 64GB

Syncing BlackBerry Smartphone and PlayBook Calendar

Hi,

I have a playbook (os 2) and a smartphone. - 9380(os 7). I need to sync my blackberry calendar with my playbook. Can somebody please provide me instructions to do it.

Thanks in advance.

ramjee j

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Syncing BlackBerry Smartphone and PlayBook Calendar

You can bridge the two devices using BlackBerry Bridge and view BB info on the Playbook. However, there is no direct sync between the two. You can's sync the Playbook with Outlook either. The only way to achieve this goal is to sync your BlackBerry information with a cloud service like gmail or hotmail and then sync the Playbook with that same cloud service.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook & 9800 (backup)

I have been waiting patiently for the BB10 Phone because I WILL NOT sync my calendar and emails and contacts accross borders, over the internet  (there are real client privacy laws to consider here).  Now I have a Playbook and find that Outlook syncing is not supported directly between Computer and Playbook and this is very disturbing.

Please confirm one way or the other if this will be the future of Blackberry, in which case I may as well move on to full blown Android.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

RIM rarely ever comments on future offerings so nobody can say whether Outlook sync will be offered in the future. I'd like to see it myself but no idea when/if it will come.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Wow, you would think this is the original offer and I know a lot of people that will be forced to use their old smartphones or change the way they do business if this feature is tossed out.  How depressing, turns my playbook into a glorified web browser (and a lousy browser at that).  So depressing after all this waiting.

Guru I

Why? I have everything on my BB and it takes only a second or two to Bridge the Playbook to my BB and access all PIM data that way. If I were to add my Exchange account to my PB I would have all the info locally. I choose not to do that but the device is designed to connect via email accounts. All that said, I'd still like to see the sync capability too.
Contributor

For now I am doing that and it is clunky but functional to a point.  I guess I am projecting more of a fear of what is to come in the new OS10 smartphone which would replace my torch which currently lets me sync directly with my computer.  Seems like this bridge step for now is the best they can do but the future worries me.

Guru I

I do it because I don't need the data duplicated and its easier to just have it in one place.

As for BB10 keep in mind that iwhile it is built using the same programming language it is not the Playbook. I am cautiosly optimistic about the future of BB10. Everything I have heard from those that have seen it tells me it will fully functional. Fingers crossed.
Contributor

I was hoping for a "use playbook more than torch" scenario till the BB10 phone launches. It looks like playbook is just a bigger screen for web, youtube uploading and facebook for now.  The functions of email on torch are still significantly more advanced than the bridge so I guess that is out for now too.  Thanks for the answers and opinions.  I too have my fingers crossed.  Now I need to figure out if there is a way to make a real browser work on playbook, with an actual address bar and web feel.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

I have my calender in gmail...it syncs perfectly.