Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
hrodriguezpr
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

TV not detected in HDMI

anyone experiencing this?

when connecting my PB to various TVs at home no output thru HDMI port.  on the HDMI settings, is not detecting the TV.

wonder if is the cable I buy in bestbuy, a Dynex 6'

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hrodriguezpr
My Device: Not Specified

Re: TV not detected in HDMI

Ok, Update everyone...

It was the cable.  Apparently not just ANY microHDMI cable works.  Make sure you test it before buy it.  If you go to Best Buy, make sure to bring with you your PlayBook and ask any of the employees there test the cable with you on their TV's.

At least the Dynex 6'  they sell in Best Buy Doesn't work.  I manage to get one from Motorola Atrix and it works.  Perfectly!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MrSimmonsSr
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook

I don't think it is quite that cut and dry. I am using the 6 ft one from Best Buy and it works every time with my Samsung TV at home. Brought it to my friend's house and tried to plug it into almost the exact same TV, only larger screen size, and it didn't detect the TV the first few tries. I plugged and unplugged it a few times and suddenly it started working, Not sure what the real issue is... Don't think it is the cable being incompatible, though or it wouldn't work at all..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ozonation
My Device: Playbook

I finally got around to trying outputting video from my PB to my TV and no luck. When I plug in the HDMI into my PB, the sound disappears, which is a good thing I would think, but there is no sound or audio coming from the TV. The cable is supposedly made for the PB, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Please use plain text.
steveyd
My Device: Playbook, Curve 9300

Just caught up with this thread and am wondering if there is an issue with the hdmi port. I just bought a cable from Future Shop (Hip Street, 1.5m, high speed hdmi - says on the box for Playbook) and have plugged into into both my TV's (both toshibas, on 50" DLP and one 26" LCD) and no luck on either.

Now I only just got the cable today, so am going to take it back tomorrow with the playbook to Future Shop just to see if plugging it into an LCD projector makes a difference.

The reason I mentioned the port is that the fit of the cable into the port feels pretty sloppy, I tried wiggling the cable when it was connected to the TV but it made no difference.

Off to try a different cable and try existing cable in a projector - will report back

Please use plain text.
steveyd
My Device: Playbook, Curve 9300

Quick update, bought another cable from Computers Canada ($18, 6', high performance) and worked first time.

A little funky (screen would cut out when I moved the playbook a couple of times) but that stopped after the first minute or so and worked fine since.

Not sure if it is cable quality or if there are different "designs" of HDMI cable.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericthellama
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (x2) + Curve 9790 + Z10

I have the Blackberry cable and the Playbook won't recognise either a SONY or a Samsung TV.  There's nothing to set on the Playbook until it recognises a TV so I'm rather stuck and disappointd really.  No amount of twiddling on the settings on the TV's makes any difference.

The fit of the original BB cable is just as floppy as others have described here so I don't think that should be an issue.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

I and a few of my friends who bought HDMI cables from various outlets have had no problems whatsoever with any cable on various models tv's of various sizes. Works every time all the time.
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Just wanted to also mention that you have to enter the TV menu and select to correct HDMI port that you are connected to. All the ports are numbered, so select the correct one on the TV menu.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Backy1947
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I am also having problems with the HDMI to TV not working, has anybody resolved this, I have bought 2 cables one fairly cheap at first then one quite expensive neither work, feeling very frustrated, does it make any difference altering the mirror switch or not, again for me neither works.

Please use plain text.