Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Tab key??

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

Nope, there is not.

Where would it be useful?

Filling out form fields via web browser is one useful funtion for the tab key (to cycle to the next form field). Tapping works too but it can be hit and miss on a small interface like a phone or zoomed out on a tablet.

And now I realize my post is super redundant. Ignore me...for some reason the first page of the thread wasn't visible.

Contributor
suewatters1
My Device: Playbook

I also was hoping to have a tab key because sometime the box is small and when you put your finger in that box you invertently press something else below or above.

Sue
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey Sue, same problem here. Pinch and zoom in the screen so it's bigger and you can easily touch the right areas.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
suewatters1
My Device: Playbook

Yes you are right but it is quicker using the tab key because then you have to make screen smaller again if you pinch and zoom.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

I have joined the BlackBerry Beta Zone (it's free and open to any BlackBerry user - phone or tablet) and made this suggestion and it has been suggested as a wanted feature by several other people as well. It has been acknowledged by management and may end up being considered for development. No guarantee though.

The BB Beta Zone is not a place for technical support but rather for testing, providing feedback, suggestions and making BlackBerry products (and overall experience) better for users.

I would suggest more people look into joining and making a difference.

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/login/?cont=portals&act=index&item=

The web interface isn't as straightforward as it is here in the Support Forums but once someone pokes around a bit, they'll get the hang of it.