Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
art_123
My Device: Curve 9360 & Playbook
My Carrier: WIND
Accepted Solution

Tablet battery after latest update

Has anyone else experienced that the battery drains very rapidly even in 'Stand By'?  After the update I found that the battery went from 75% to 15% after 8 hours in 'Stand By'.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Tablet battery after latest update

If you left wifi on that's fairly standard for any OS version I would have said. Turn off bluetooth and wifi or go into Aircraft Mode if you want a real standby. 

My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

That's not standard at all.

I lose around 1% per hour with wifi on.

Have you restarted the PlayBook since the upgrade?

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

cas118 wrote:
That's not standard at all.

I lose around 1% per hour with wifi on.

Have you restarted the PlayBook since the upgrade?

You get 100 hours standby on a Playbook??

My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Jealous much?

Yes, if I leave my PlayBook on overnight and not charging I will lose around 1% per hour.

That's with wifi with file-sharing and BT on but not connected.

I've never left it sitting idle for 100 hours so I wouldn't be able to comment on that.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
art_123
My Device: Curve 9360 & Playbook
My Carrier: WIND

Well it seems that my WIFI is the culprit.  Turned Bluetooth off with no change.  Turned WIFI off and the 'Stand By' mode worked as before.  Can't understand why this is as before doing the update I would have both BT and WIFI on whit very little loss of battery.  Thanks to all for the replies.

Art

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blix
My Device: z30
My Carrier: bell

Yeah im having the same issue and my wife as well and 2 of my friends also ,my pb dosnt last a day anymore when in stand by with ojt charging it , i dont think that turning of the wifi is a solution to the problem because we didnt have to do thar be for :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bambinoitaliano
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: virgin mobile

I have the same issue. I only used it for 30 minutes most surfing the Web. Leave it on standby.  Next day 50 %. battery gone. Took me more than 5 hrs to fully charged. I did not use my playbook any different before the update.  Never lost so much so quick or taking that long to fully charged the device. That's everything being equal with bluetooth and wifi on before. Did not see any changes in browser's speed. Rebooted couple of times same difference. I hope the tech department is looking into this.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I just used mine from 23:30 to 05:30, it was playing music since I do not have any thing else available at work, and my battery was still at 75% of the charge

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bambinoitaliano
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: virgin mobile

This time instead of standby, I shut off my pb. That resolve the battery drainage. I did not turn off wifi because it's more of a hassle for me to reconnect on wifi and relaunch my email accounts. A minor occurence, my pb came back on by itself and I have to shut it down the second time. I still hope they fix the issue since I never have that problem before. I rather not wait for a few minutes for pb to start.

Please use plain text.