Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Developer
kotmorderca
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB, BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Play

Re: Tablet battery after latest update

Currently I'm testing various settings in system and checking if it doing any difference on power consumption.

With file sharing over wifi switched ON i have more consumption then with sharing switched OFF.

It's very strange.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blix
My Device: z30
My Carrier: bell

Just to let everone know I used DM pluged in the PB and re-booted and it asked me if i wanted to update so i did and it installed 2.0.1.358 back on to my PB and now everthing thing seems normal in trems on battary usage

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bambinoitaliano
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: virgin mobile

I went to crackberry.com forum site. I can't remember the thread. Someone suggested holding down the power button for 20seconds and plug in the charger on your pb. There's more to the instruction, somehow I can't locate the thread anymore. So far after more than an hour, I detect no visible drainage on the battery. Also putting your pb on airplane mode as well as shutting it down instead of stand by work as well. I'm going to try on standby mode tonight to see if my first instruction has cured the battery drainage issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blix
My Device: z30
My Carrier: bell

sure you can do that ,But the point is that you shouldn't have to do that if before the update everything was fine ,so far i re-instaleed to the 2.0.1.358 and it's a mager change in terms of battery use ,I was lossing about 10% every 30 min's in stand by ,and now im at about 4% in just about over 2hrs .

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

The bizarre thing is that I tested my other PlayBook today. It dropped 7% in 13 hours. As the most recent update has been pulled by RIM, I think it is fair to say that there will be another one coming soon. I'm glad that they've acted on these issues people are having.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
datwanichand
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: airtel

since i updated the software abt one month ago the battery has died and wont recharge inspite of cheking and trying out various blogs for a solution.

this did happen last time i had a macpro update and as it also operates on power connection, i stabilised when the  next update came along.

in this case where the connection gives u a red light and some time after the red light goes u have battery logo in reddish color appearing showing 0% energy storage and then after a while that goes off and a greenish lite comes on for a few seconds and then it goes off.

one or twice during the 24 hr cycle the pb startup lights do flash but the thing dies after about a minute.

i guess it is a serious software update flaw and dont have a clue what to do after that.

can someone help, bb Rim seems to be immune to all the pleas being made. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

Oops sorry.

see below

________
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

The link between your hardware glitch and any update has not been proven. Theres a million users out there with no problems so it's not software. Many people including me have found battery usage improves with 2.1.0.1088.

It may in some cases coincide with that event. 

If stack charging does not fix it, try debricking. After that warranty claim. Out of warranty buy a new one, it's cheaper.

the original problem goes back to April 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
datwanichand
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: airtel

thanks for guiding me to throw away the playbook.

Please use plain text.