Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
donk
My Device: Blackberry playbook- p100-16wf-model rdj21ww

Tablet screen sensitivity

Is there a setting that we can desensitize the screen on our playbook. You can be trying toscroll and end up on a site you don't want. We hav downloaded the latest software update.

Does anyone have to reenter their passord when they are connected to the wireless

Thanks for any assistance. This is my first time on this forum

Don

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Tablet screen sensitivity

There isn't a screen sensitivity setting (at least that I can find). I know browsing the web can be tricky because one typically scrolls to the left or right of the screen and often there are advertisements that link to another page and often you click on one. This happens to me a lot with the Ford flash ads for some reason...Because they're right up against the edge of the screen. It is annoying so I hear your frustration. Since a certain portion of the bezel edges surrounding the screen are touch sensitive, it would be nice if the browser scroll areas were extended to the bezel. That way you wouldn't inadvertently click on ads or links.

Also, no, I do not have to reenter my password to my network once it has been set. In the Wi-Fi settings there is a save and Connect button and I would suggest trying that first

1. Click on gear icon in the top right hand corner of your screen interface.
  2. Under Wi-Fi settings
  3. Make sure Wi-Fi Connectivity is on.
  4. Select a Network > choose Saved Networks from the dropdown list. You will see a pencil icon appear.
  5. Click on your wireless network SSID name in the list. A new dialogue box appears.
  6. A list of details of the wireless profile appear.
  7. Under Password, enter your password to the network
  8. Scroll down and ensure Automatically Obtain IP Address is checked and Allow inter-access point handover is checked also.
  9. Click the Save and Connect button. If you're just changing details then just click Save.

If that doesn't work, delete the Wi-Fi profile entirely and try creating a new one.

Hope this helps you.