Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bkupris
My Device: playbook

Tethering in UK?

So far, having difficulty tethering my playbook with my Bold 9780 when outwith wifi range. My carrier is Orange UK. Is this supposed to be possible?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
mkatkinson
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Tethering in UK?

I have a BB Bold 9780 with O2 in the UK and I am tethering OK. Remember that you can only use the BB apps in the BlackBerry Bridge section of your home screen, other apps do not work. But you can type in a webpage address (in the BB Bridge section) and connect to the Internet as you would on your smartphone.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

bkupris wrote:

So far, having difficulty tethering my playbook with my Bold 9780 when outwith wifi range. My carrier is Orange UK. Is this supposed to be possible?

Thanks

not all dataplans enable tethering, contact your carrier and see if extra charges will be incurred.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkupris

Thanks for all the replies, I'll follow this up.
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

I'll warn you now, I contacted Orange before the PlayBook was released.

They told me that there were no tethering plans, and that tethering data would be something like the 'reasonable' price of £2 per 5MB or something like that (cannot remember exactly).

Needless to say, I've stuck with just using the Bridge Browser.

I'll give them credit, with that and their unwillingness to support the 9700 on OS6, they really know how to make 3 look attractive.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bkupris

Thanks for that, you just saved me a lot of time and trouble.

Please use plain text.