10-04-2012 12:00 PM
I currently have 3 threads from 3 different senders in my SMS. When I open the test messaging app on my Playbook it displays the threads correctly with the sender identified by phone number. A few seconds later it reconciles the phone number with my contact list and changes the thread name from the number to the sender name from my contact list. A few seconds later the names change to another entry in my contact list that has no corelation and combines all threads into one. It still displays 3 threads but 2 have the same sender name and all 3 have combined all messages into a singl thread that shows up 3 times. None of the final names have any realtion to hte original sender.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-04-2012 10:56 PM
Similar weirdness with my new text messaging feature - all threads from my Torch are combined into one thread on the Playbook and listed as from one non-related contact. (who does not even have a phone number in my address book)
Then that combined thread of texts shows up five times. Deleting all threads from the PB only results in the same thing happening again next time I open txt feature on the PB. Sigh...I was looking forward to this feature, but worthless so far. Hope somebody figures out what's up with this, would be a nice feature. RIM, I keep trying to stick up for you, but you sure make it hard sometimes.
10-06-2012 03:53 PM
10-06-2012 04:06 PM - edited 10-06-2012 04:09 PM
10-08-2012 11:47 AM
Thanks for the link. Fixing contacts that had invalid characters in number fields resolved the issues. I had 4 contacts that had an underscore in the fax entry. I just went to the contacts that were incorrectly identified as sender on the text message and corrected those. I did not have to go through all of my contacts.
10-08-2012 11:50 AM
10-11-2012 06:56 AM
I have 300+ contacts in my phone address book - many of which have imported data from my corporate LDAP directory, so there is a high probablility that there will be odd characters in some of the entries. I think this is a bug that needs fixing, since it makes the SMS function in Bridge somewhat pointless.
10-11-2012 07:37 AM
I have over 2300 contacts using various formats for phone numbers, but only had to fix 4. I just went to the contacts in TXT threads that show up wrong and reviewed the contact's data. The ones that I had to fix had very strange characters like only periods and no numbers or full text in the phone or fax fields.