Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

BGF
Contributor
BGF
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Text messaging on Playbook via Bridge

I currently have 3 threads from 3 different senders in my SMS. When I open the test messaging app on my Playbook it displays the threads correctly with the sender identified by phone number. A few seconds later it reconciles the phone number with my contact list and changes the thread name from the number to the sender name from my contact list. A few seconds later the names change to another entry in my contact list that has no corelation and combines all threads into one. It still displays 3 threads but 2 have the same sender name and all 3 have combined all messages into a singl thread that shows up 3 times. None of the final names have any realtion to hte original sender.

BGF
Contributor
BGF

Re: Text messaging on Playbook via Bridge

I rebooted both BB and Playbook twice and still have hte same issue
Contributor
aarongaria
My Device: 16GB Playbook; Z10

Similar weirdness with my new text messaging feature - all threads from my Torch are combined into one thread on the Playbook and listed as from one non-related contact. (who does not even have a phone number in my address book)

Then that combined thread of texts shows up five times. Deleting all threads from the PB only results in the same thing happening again next time I open txt feature on the PB. Sigh...I was looking forward to this feature, but worthless so far.  Hope somebody figures out what's up with this, would be a nice feature. RIM, I keep trying to stick up for you, but you sure make it hard sometimes.

New Contributor
kjm2010
My Device: PlayBook 64k

Same problem for me. When txt app first opens, it shows phone numbers next to the conversations, then as my contacts load the assigned name to the thread keeps changing as more contacts load then ultimately settles on the same name for all the threads even though it's not the correct name for any of the threads. It behaves, ike it can find the phone number match?

Only time the name is correct is on a new txt that arrives while the app is open. Then if you close the app and reopen it, it changes the correct name to the same wrong name as the old ones.
New Contributor
kjm2010

[ Edited ]
BGF
Contributor
BGF

Thanks for the link. Fixing contacts that had invalid characters in number fields resolved the issues. I had 4 contacts that had an underscore in the fax entry. I just went to the contacts that were incorrectly identified as sender on the text message and corrected those. I did not have to go through all of my contacts. 

BGF
Contributor
BGF

I still think that this is a bug that RIM should fix. They are obviously not doing any data validation like they do on the Blackberry. If they can make it work witout issue on the Blackberry they should have the same expection on a Playbook.
New Contributor
jryoung
My Device: Torch 9860 & Playbook 64GB

I have 300+ contacts in my phone address book - many of which have imported data from my corporate LDAP directory, so there is a high probablility that there will be odd characters in some of the entries. I think this is a bug that needs fixing, since it makes the SMS function in Bridge somewhat pointless.

New Contributor
kjm2010

I have over 2300 contacts using various formats for phone numbers, but only had to fix 4.  I just went to the contacts  in TXT  threads that show up wrong and reviewed the contact's data.  The ones that I had to fix had very strange characters like only periods and no numbers or full text in the phone or fax fields.