Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
jcox
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Text messaging on playbook was fixed now it's not

Text messaging didn't work with the playbook  software update. No icon. Not found.  I found out that it was my phone. I went through the process to fix that. It worked for a day or so. No messages today. Opened the text messaging app to find a notification. Text messaging disabled due to IT policy. I don't even know what that means or who's policy it is. So I rebooted phone and playbook. I texted myself from another device. Phone got the text. PlayBook got the splash on the text message icon. Opened text messaging to get the "not found " page. Why is it this way? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Text messaging on playbook was fixed now it's not

Is your BB device a corporate device? If not, where did you get the device?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcox
My Device: Playbook

The phone is a Bold 9650. I use Sprint. It is a personal phone. I think after I did the software update I didn't "wipe" the data properly 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Terp23
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650; BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm having the exact same issue.  BB Bridge to Text Messages worked at first, then received an error regarding a policy prohibiting that option, and now I get a blank white page that says, "Not found".  We recently upgraded our MS Exchange server from 2003 to 2010.  We also replaced our BES 4.1 server with a BESX 5 server.  My PlayBook is not governed by the BESX server, but my BB Bold 9650 is. So far, no luck finding an answer as to why this is occurring or a resolution.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Terp23 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue.  BB Bridge to Text Messages worked at first, then received an error regarding a policy prohibiting that option, and now I get a blank white page that says, "Not found".  We recently upgraded our MS Exchange server from 2003 to 2010.  We also replaced our BES 4.1 server with a BESX 5 server.  My PlayBook is not governed by the BESX server, but my BB Bold 9650 is. So far, no luck finding an answer as to why this is occurring or a resolution.

You will have to talk with you IT department, it is a policy on the BES that was not set properly to let you use the texting mode on the bridge

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Terp23
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650; BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks for the quick reply, Rat-7. Unfortunately, I'm the BES admin at our organization (small non-profit). We have one policy and it simply enforces password and timeout requirements. If you know of a specific BES policy that needs to be verified for SMS over bridge, I can log in and look. But I combed over most of the settings yesterday and nothing jumped out at me.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I do not use BES myself, but try with Knotty Ropes, if I am not mistaking he is a BES administrator, he might just know which setting might do it

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
osanders
My Device: playbook

Has anyone figured out what may be causing this error? Every once in awhile I have the same problem when trying to open text messages bridged to my phone. I have a Bold 9930 and playbook with Sprint service, also this is my personal use not apart of a business network. Today this issue happened again so I am here researching it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markboodie
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Digicell

i just rebooted the playbook and it came back on

Please use plain text.