Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
raylookiii
My Device: Playbook 64 GB
Accepted Solution

Thank you RIM! Need a little help..

[ Edited ]

First of all, OS 2.0 has made both of our Playbooks invaluable (my Wife’s and mine) – thank you so much RIM and all for your brilliant and remarkable work!  I do have a problem that I’m unsure of though and I definitely need your help, dealing with manually entering contacts directly into the Playbook.  My contacts are currently stored in Outlook, and I do not want them on Gmail for privacy reasons, though I now have a need for them on my Playbook.  To get my contacts on to the Playbook, I did try uploading my contacts TEMPORARILY to Gmail, syncing to the Playbook, then deleting the contacts on Gmail after I disabled “Sync Contacts” in the account settings on the Playbook: trying to save myself some time.  But no matter what I did, the contacts would disappear on the Playbook – unless, of course, I left my contacts on Gmail (once again, I didn’t want my contacts on Gmail for privacy reasons).  So I’ve chosen to manually enter my contacts into the Playbook - one at a time (it literally took me a couple of days), then I performed a full backup of the Playbook using the Blackberry Desktop Manager, assuming everything - including the contacts - I’ve entered were backed up.  (I know, I know, never assume).  Then the bomb dropped.  I performed a security swipe thanks to the recommendation of a software developer for a program I downloaded in the App World that didn’t work properly.  After performing a full restore - once again using the Blackberry Desktop Manager – well, my contacts were gone: nowhere, nada, zip.. leaving me with a sick feeling – and a lot of work gone.  Once again, I have started over, manually entering my contacts – one, by one, by one into the Playbook.  Okay, now for the questions:   Is there a way to manually back up contacts entered directly on the Playbook, such as certain viewable folders AND/OR is there a way to import Outlook’s contacts directly into the Playbook without having to sync the Playbook with an online service such as Gmail?  Or will you be adding this feature to the Blackberry Desktop Manager soon?  Thank you much for your help in advance and once again thanks RIM, Michael, and all for your tablet!

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Thank you RIM! Need a little help..

At the present time hotmail and Gmail are the only way to do this. Hopefully there will be an upgrade for this.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

And rayloo... I'm in the same boat. I haven't moved to gmail or hotmail yet to provide the cloud sync, and I really don't want to have to do that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
raylookiii
My Device: Playbook 64 GB

No doubt hopefully there will be an update for this..  Thanks for the reply!

New Contributor
amyliz
My Device: Playbook rdj21ww

I need some help!!! I bought a blackberry PlayBook 3 weeks ago and the charger didn't work properly from day one and I have to use a different charger but it will only work if it is plugged in and also only goes up to 7% I'm not happy as when I took it to the shop where I bought it from they said it's not there problem and that I have to buy a new charger my self........

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Your questions has been answered over here where you posted...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Battery-will-not-hold-a-charge/m-p/209281...

Please don't double post and cross post.... thanks!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code