Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

The Lies of Thorstein Heins

Now that the lies of Thorstein Heins have been exposed I think BlackBerry owe us a statement. At the very least we deserve more than the current silence. Is it really too much to ask ? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFbKMUWpdU&feature=youtu.be&t=5m41s

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TexTucker
My Device: pb

Re: The Lies of Thorstein Heins

bs342 wrote:

Now that the lies of Thorstein Heins have been exposed I think BlackBerry owe us a statement. At the very least we deserve more than the current silence. Is it really too much to ask ? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFbKMUWpdU&feature=youtu.be&t=5m41s

We waited for about four months between the last two meaningful statements, then found they contradicted.  what will the next statement really be worth?  

My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

It doesn't matter what they do or don't say now that they've publicly stated it's NOT coming to Playbook.

CEO's and other business leaders should never tell consumers in a public forum that a particular feature is coming unless it's already planned and committed. If they were still unsure they should have said nothing. By saying it was coming and then backtracking afterwards, all they've done is annoy otherwise loyal customers and generate ill will.

And we can probably all agree that ill will isn't what BlackBerry needs right now... :No:

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

The only thing you as a consumer can do is vote with your wallets and tell everyone you know LOUDLY, do not buy a BlackBerry device (whatever that may be). That's all you got! It makes a big difference though when it hits social media. Flood the channels and get the word out...this company sucks and why. Maybe then they'll get the picture and fire those who deceive.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my PlayBook and BBOS 10 had potential, but it goes far beyond that now. It's a trust issue. I trusted this company and wasted a year of my life supporting these forums and I'm mad. There are those with way more volunteer time than I have and they deserve kudos too but why we all don't revolt and send a message is beyond me. This is a community run support forum. If the community sent a collective message then they'd have to pay attention...or go down in flames as a result of the backlash.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342

Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bs342 wrote:

Now that the lies of Thorstein Heins have been exposed 

bs342, have you ever made a comment, perhaps to your child, something along the line of "Yes, we'll go get ice cream today!" and then by the end of the day some other increased important duties or deadlines were encountered which caused you to then have to rethink that statement to NOT follow your intentions? Perhaps a dead battery in the car, another emergency or just that now you think it's best not to do so?

I guess you have not.

I am not defending Heins on this, not in the least. He made the previous statement and now he has done a 180° turnaround on that statement, for whatever reasons he stated on June 28th. It is what it is. I don't like it at all.

However, I don't think he reads this forum. I just don't.

You'd be better off putting a stamp on a letter to his office in Waterloo, and telling him how you feel.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342

With all due respect JSanders it seems all you have yourself done today is shoot people down for rightly and understandably feeling let down and angry at the terrible actions of BlackBerry towards the PlayBook. This is a major own goal for BlackBerry and although some companies and media outlets will be rubbing their hands at the death of the PlayBook others will be astonished at the way Thorstein Heins and BlackBerry have back-tracked over BB10. Not to mention the fact they have back stabbed a huge percentage of their loyal customer base in the back. 

Silence from BlackBerry and Resident Experts making comparrisons to children being denied ice cream simply is not the way forward. You of all people JSanders have been around here long enough to understand how people are feeling right now and could maybe be just a bit more sympathetic. As for Mr Heins, maybe it is time he DID start to read these forums and then maybe he would learn a few things though he better be quick because the fallout from this is going to make him even less popular with shareholders and the media. I wish no offence I am simply pointing out facts. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

, you're having an issue comprehending what I wrote.

I agree with you, I don't like it.

I am not "shooting" anyone down, I am pointing out that a couple of users here are trolling the forum intent to bring disharmony to any thread related to the PlayBook.

I am sympathatetic on the issue. I am not sympathetic to cowardly trolls.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342

[ Edited ]

Fair comment. 

I did not sign up to this forum to be angry but like many others thought it to be the appropriate place to let off some steam over the almost devastating news that BB10 is not coming to the PlayBook. As previously stated I feel massivley let down (as do many) by this news. I love the PlayBook and I love my Z10 but the news that BlackBerry have made a u turn over BB10 for PlayBook has blown a massive hole in that love. 

What is the way forward ? Where to from here ? As someone who  relies on a PlayBook at home and when travelling I think as much as it suits me perfectly I see no future with a Tablet that is no longer going to be surported. Having made one u turn dare we hope that BlackBerry may be decent and sensible enough to make another one and offer some hope to the 1000's of PlayBook owners ? We need dialogue, we need BlackBerry to know the discontent they have caused, the damage they have done to their client base. It cannot be ignored so I would welcome suggestions from anyone who can think of a good way to open dialogue with BlackBerry, a way of making our voices heard and a way to fight for our PlayBooks. I won't take this lying down will you ? 

:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342

I have just read the negative opinions towards BlackBerry  below the article on the attached link. All this lost custom,  that's 1000's and 1000's of dollars that won't be heading BlackBerry's' way. 

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/28/blackberry-10-not-coming-to-playbook/

Please use plain text.