Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
DemoKrit
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: 999
Accepted Solution

The problem with update BlackBerru PlayBook

[ Edited ]

When upgrading Blackberry encountered an error.
Tell me what to do?

Tell me what to do?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: The problem with update BlackBerru PlayBook

I'm afraid I can't read the error you have got, can you translate it? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DemoKrit

while downloading the software for the device has failed.

If the problem persists, check internet connection and try again.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

DemoKrit wrote:

while downloading the software for the device has failed.

If the problem persists, check internet connection and try again.

Try another Internet connection if possible. Or try removing your Internet connection settings and reestablish a new wireless profile and then try again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DemoKrit

I tried on different.

when trying to do an update on the tablet through wi-fi. download is then writes that failed and requested restart, and tried at home and work Internet ...:Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

[ Edited ]

DemoKrit wrote:

I tried on different.

when trying to do an update on the tablet through wi-fi. download is then writes that failed and requested restart, and tried at home and work Internet ...:Helpsmilie:

From the screenshot, it appears you're doing an update from the Desktop software too...hmmm. If  I were you, I would back up my data if possible (your media, music, pics etc). Make note of your username/password for your BlackBerry ID too and from then redo the OS install from the Desktop software following this tutorial: http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/11/downgrade-playbook-os/

The tutorial I linked to is kind of old, but the installation instructions are still applicable.

It will totally overwrite your OS and all information on the PlayBook. You have to initialize the device again to your BB ID and then you can redownload all your paid for apps. It's a pretty drastic way to get the new OS installed on your device but it should work. It will take about an hour of your time...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DemoKrit

fails, an error, as in the picture.:No:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine

[ Edited ]

Are you under warranty? Are you within the free 90 day telephone support window? If not, the phone call to RIM technical support will cost most likely. I haven't had to call them, but some others have said that they have had to pay for support and had to use their credit card in the call as they were outside the free 90 day support window. I also don't know how much it costs either. But my point is, if you are within warranty then you can most likely get the device sent in for repair. Or at least, RIM support can advice you of your options and you can make the best decision on what to do for your PlayBook. This is a link to paid support information for North America but it also has the worldwide phone number in it http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/incident.html

It is strange that the desktop update/reinstall did not fix the OS installation.

You might wish to search the knowledgebase for a possible solution: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/microsite.do

But I personally would call and find out what the RIM support personal say to do.

Tel:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
UK: 0-800-096-2805
Twitter: @BlackberryHelp

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DemoKrit

I have a 90 day support and do not know where to go ...
everywhere only links

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Blackberry.com/support should direct to your country. If not hit Select Country.

If it's not on RIM'S list of approved countries you may be unlucky.

Please remove your phone number from your personal information (carrier) unless you like phone calls from strangers.