Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Re: There was an error restoring

I have read a lot of posts here but this is the first time I have seen this one. Not everyone restores large files I guess. I have seen something similar. It occurs with people downloading large .pdf files. Above a certain size it appears to download the file but nothing appears.
Is there any possibility that you can drag the file from your computer onto the media directory of the PB. I have done a few backups but never a restore so I don't know what format the backup is in. Maybe you can drag the file across but it will not recognize it.
I can't give you any suggestions but you should talk to RIM about it. I will look into the Knowledge Base late tomorrow about it and if I find anything, I will let you know.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chriskavv
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: orange

he backup file is in a .bbb format...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cogeco

Chris,
I forwarded your concerns to a forum expert but I see he has not responded as yet. I was away all day on other business and just got back. I checked the Knowledge Base but nothing turned up. I googled the problem and got directed to Crackberry.com where there were several threads on the same topic as yours some as recent as late February. May I suggest you go there, do a search and read through some threads to see if they found a workaround.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chriskavv
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: orange

Thanks a lot..I am grateful for your help...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
toddjmorris1
My Device: Torch 9850; PlayBook 16 OS 2.0

I have the exact same problem, now. PB16 with a 4+ GB full backup file. Note that the restore process is VERY SLOW (I'm using USB). Unfortuantely, unlike the smartphones, the PlayBook back-up/restore process does not allow you to work with specific app's/components; so it's an all or nothing scenario (beyond separation of media, apps, and settings). I just tried to restore the settings (tiny and quick), only, then the apps (2.35 GB), only. Both seemed to complete, but then gave the error, and the PlayBook restarted on its own. The app's are not restored.

This bug is extra bad because I had to do a security wipe for the 3rd or 4th time because of another known issue, wherein my Bridge security certificate gets corrupted for the messages app, and a factory reset is the only resolution to having Bridged email, again.

Anyone? Please?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

If you purchased the apps thru Appworld using the same BlackBerry ID you will see the apps under uninstalled. You can reinstall the apps.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
newportironman
My Device: Bold 9930 and Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Same issue. Went to Crackberry forums.  First suggestion.  I did it.  I have 2 blackberry ID - one for 9930 and one for Z10.  I put the wrong ID in when the OS had updated and the backup wouldn't copy over it.  So - another security wipe and will put the correct ID in and hope for the best.

Please use plain text.