Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB

Touch Screen not working

[ Edited ]

I can turn my playbook on but am unable to use the touch screen.  So I can't switch on wifi and to switch off I need to hold down the start button.  Any help out there please?

Contributor

Re Touch Screen Not Working

I entered a message re the above last Wednesday but no-one has come back with any ideas.  I have been on the phone to Blackberry but again no-one was able to help.  The Playbook is 14 months old and has been rendered useless.  VERY DISAPPOINTED! Bye Bye Blackberry!

Solutions: 6,072
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re Touch Screen Not Working

[ Edited ]

Jen, what has your BlackBerry tech support done or asked you to do in troubleshooting?

Does the device power up to the main screen?

>> ALSO: You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

JenWadd wrote:

I entered a message re the above last Wednesday but no-one has come back with any ideas.

And, just so you do understand:  This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.  We have real jobs and lives which may preclude your post from being responded to immediately, and still, most of them are within a couple hours.

Try this on your PlayBook... do a restart, by holding down the power key only, for about 20 seconds. Don't turn it off and back on... Restart if you can.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yes it did power up to the main screen until tech support told me to reset the Playbook.  Once all was downloaded it now opens to the language choice page. Thanks for the advice re the carrier info.

Contributor

Yes of course I did understand that and appreciate anyone who passes on their good advice and experience to others.  However looking through all the previous queries I found no similar problems.  And as the tech support were unable to help (probably as it is just out of warranty) I am just presuming it is a problem that can't be solved. As to your suggestion I have already tried this to no avail but thanks for your suggestion.

JenWadd wrote:

Yes it did power up to the main screen until tech support told me to reset the Playbook.  Once all was downloaded it now opens to the language choice page. Thanks for the advice re the carrier info.

So, is this now where your Playbook is stuck, on the language choice screen?

I am confused, trying to help.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Yes it opens up on the language screen but the touch screen doesn't work so I can't make progress.

Do you know if it is connected to WiFi?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

No it isn't connected