Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Play Book 16GB
My Carrier: Fido

Touch screen don't work- I can not enter my password

I was not using my PB for a while but recently when I wanted to use it, its touch screen don't work. I have a password set to my PB. When I turn it ON, I can not enter the password in the box and the keyboard don't appear. The cursor in the box don't blink, its like the whole screen is freeze. There is red light on the screen top left corner of the PB that runs back and forth and that freezes too after a while.

I tried using it from desktop, it prompts to enter the password and there is no problem to sync

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

Re: Touch screen don't work- I can not enter my password

[ Edited ]

As you can sync ok, backup your data. Disconnect USB.

Next, when the password screen comes up, hold down power button for 20 seconds. It will start to shut down. Wait for screen to go totally black and restart by quick press of power button. Try again to enter password.

Still no good? Turn off again same way. When screen totally black open Desktop Software. Plug USB into Playbook then plug into PC. You will get an error message with Retry and Update as options (Retry and Repair on Mac version)

Quickly click on Update (or Repair) option and follow instructions. And hour or so later you will be back to factory condition.

Still no good? Playbook is busted. Repair or replace.

My Device: blackberry playbookRDJ21WW
My Carrier: 0

Re: Touch screen don't work- I can not enter my password

The screen does not work once you download an update from the site and when the device starts in the stands when operating language selection screen does not work bowed update is complete