Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
potterrb
My Device: 9630

Touch screen problems

My Playbook has been working fine for three months now, but just over the past week the accuracy of the touch screen has deteriorated significantly.  I sometimes have to hit a key on the keyboard 3-4 times to get it to respond, and many times only the flat of my thumb will get a key or button to respond (not just on the keyboard).  I have tried a hard reset many times, to no avail.

Is there any way to recalibrate the screen?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: Touch screen problems

What are you cleaning your screen with. I use an eye glass cloth. I also switched to a stylus.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
potterrb
My Device: 9630

I am using the cleaning cloth that came with the Playbook...

New Contributor
jtpca
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900

I too am having these problems - my unit is 2 weeks old and the screen seems to have areas of 'Dead Spots'.  Is this an issue in which the unit should be sent back?

Visitor
mmichael0
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB & Curve 9300

Snap, I got the same thing, is it because I cleaned the screen ? can that stop the screen working, if use glass cleaner or something then
Contributor
myspringer
My Device: BB PLAYBOOK TABLET 16 G

my touch screen has problems bring up pictures. Some times they come right up on 1 touch and other times they may require 10 to 15 touches and still not come up. I close the picture  ap and retry+++may or may not come up.

I returned my unit and got a new one.  Same problem with the new unit.  16 g

Contributor
myspringer

I HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE FIRST ONE DOING THIS, DID ALL THE THINGS bb TOLD ME TO DO. aFTER 5 HOURS OF WORK IT DID THE SAME THING. TOOK IT BACK TO STAPLES,THEY GAVE ME A NEW ONE.
THE NEW ONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.
New Contributor
jtpca
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9900

My solution came through replacing the OS software (full back-up and reinstall).  I have not had the problem since.

Contributor
myspringer

What is a full back up and reinstall.
My first one I was told bu BB to erase everything by going to security do a security swipe and start over from there. 5 hours later same problem.
Trusted Contributor
CCpotter
My Device: 8900/playbook

I got two ideas for this :
no1, reboot your PB, the first solution when you come with a problem that you should think, reboot can solve many problems.
no2, try another version that might not have this problem, not 2.0 yet
Since many people have this problem i don't think it's the reason of a dead spot.