Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Transferring my Playbook to family member

I would like to give my BB Tablet to my daughter and read how to delete my information before passing it along. Is there anythng special you recommend that she will have to know in the set up or will it be as if it was new?

Contributor
My Device: curve 8530

Re: Transferring my Playbook to family member

I don't know. I don't actually have a tablet. I'm a little familiar with the bb playbook. I had a BB phone once and wanted to change the email associated with it. I think I did a complete system erase. Its been a while. From what I can remember I was disappointed. I guess it didn't take out the email address. Oh, now I remember, it didn't clear up the file problem I had. I used to bluetooth text files to my ancient blackberry. And I would go into them and edit them on the phone. Then suddenly, i lost that ability. I tried to reset the system. I had to type in blackberry and all that. I was kind of surprised that I could not edit again. it definetly was nat like new. Pretty much so. Let me know how it goes.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: Transferring my Playbook to family member

[ Edited ]

cjcarreira wrote:

I would like to give my BB Tablet to my daughter and read how to delete my information before passing it along. Is there anythng special you recommend that she will have to know in the set up or will it be as if it was new?

Copy over any data you want by wifi sharing.

Then Settings, Security, Security wipe.

Then she sets it up as new by creating a new blackberry id, preferably using her normal email address.

She will not have access to your purchased apps, but they can be transferred online.

________