Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
Steinmetz
My Device: Playbook 1

Trying to delete a lot of E-mails at once without having to tap each one individually

I just got my Playbook 1.

I have about 200 E-mails to delete.

I bring down the Menu on the top of the screen and I tap the "Select"  key so the checkmark boxes appear next to each message.  I tap the messages so the check mark appears on each one and then I tap the garbage can that appears at the right bottom side of the screen but sometimes it deletes a couple of them and sometimes it does not delete them at all.

I don't lime tike the idea of having to delete messages individually.

Can anyone suggest something or explain me why the "Select" function does not do the job?

Thank you for any help.

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: Trying to delete a lot of E-mails at once without having to tap each one individually

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Trying to delete a lot of E-mails at once without having to tap each one individually

billbuck0 wrote:

Try this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/how-do-i-delete-multiple-emails-748813/

I saw that post from a while ago but they never did add the screenshot so it doesn't make sense what he's referring to. I haven't been able to replicate what he's describing with words either...a picture is worth a thousand words.

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

The delete works fine on my PlayBook but I have never had to delete 200 at a time, only maybe 25.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

Steinmetz was doing all that select stuff anyway and it works OK for the rest of us. If they were not disappearing then I suspect a poor internet connection or poor response from the email server. They really need to sync properly to disappear altogether.  Maybe it was some lousy Yahoo IMAP account.

Delete several times a day is the best approach, or if a real big cleanup is needed, delete on a computer then resync to playbook. 

________