Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
voyager9355
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Trying to use VPN...

Hi all,

So I'm trying to log in to VPN.  Problem?  The PB is booting me off the login screen before I can get my username/password all the way in.  Not always in the same place.  Might be while I type my username, might be I get to the last digit of my password.  Shoots me right back to the VPN profile details/connection screen.

I'm not hitting (tapping) anything other than the keyboard - that I can see, anyway, and I know I am making contact with my VPN server - I watched the live log while in the process. 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
J-wheelz
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Trying to use VPN...

Hello There,

There are a lot of Non standard connnections out there. Either your router is blocking VPN Connections, or in my case I have a Cisco 1811 Router that was doing the same thing. I choose Cisco IOS with Easy VPN, and selected manual Algorithms and boom I got connected. I would say give that a go and see if you get connected. You might need to log into your router and see what exactly your using.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
voyager9355

Hey J-wheelz

Seems that the latest OS update has fixed my issue where it would boot me out of the login screen before I could finish typing.

We are using a Cisco 3000 series VPN concentrator.  Have tried everything I can think of to get the proposals & settings to match up, but having no luck.  Would be really nice if PB could import the Cisco PCF profile & just use that for setup.  Maybe in a future release...

I've seen a few threads from folks also having troubles getting the PB to successfully connect to a Cisco 3000/3005, but no set resolution on how to properly configure manual settings.  There seem to be more settings options on the PB than there are in the Cisco.  Gotta love a challenge!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
voyager9355

So out of the blue I decided to mess once again with the VPN settings that had never worked.  

Today I installed OS update 1.0.8.6067 & figured what the heck, I'll try it.   (it had never worked - even with all the previous OS updates)

So I selected Cisco IOS with Easy VPN, auto config.  Lo & behold...it connected immediately.  Didn't even need to mess with the 3000 series settings.  Happy camper here.  (and discovered the RDP app for PB - which works great)

Please use plain text.