Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
hvacdon
My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Two Playbooks and OS comparison

I have just purchased a second 32G playbook for myself mainly because I can't resist a bargain (Future Shop $210 or $150 for a 16G but the local store was sold out) and secondly so that I can play with 2.1.0.840 Beta without risking my other everyday work use PB running 2.0.1.358.   I would also like to play with sideloading various free apps and testing prior to loading on my working machine.  I can always sell or give to a family member or keep as a backup, if one unit fails.  Or just call me crazy.

So far no issues with 2.1 beta.  I did a side by side comparison of browser speed, and as stated in earlier posts, it is slightly fast on 2.1 than 2.0.   Battery life is good so far....I left it on standby with wifI enabled overnight and it was still showing 100% in the morning....never had that with my older machine running 2.0.  I have only loaded two apps from BB world, Air Browser and Battery Watch.  Battery Watch won't work on 2.0, but seems to be fine on 2.1 beta.

The only issues I have had with the new PB is that originally I used the same BBID on system set up.  I should have known better because it is well discussed in this forum.  The only real issue is that when, starting BB world, it asks for a PIN change on the account.  To correct, I simply did a security wipe, created a new gmail account and BBID account.  

Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Two Playbooks and OS comparison

Excellent empirical work, need more like it. It's the best way to dispell the myths.  if I ever get my spare back it will be the beta test model!

My Device: 1. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 clean load for work 2. Playbook 32G OS 2.1.0.1314 with sideloaded apps and games 3. Z10

Re: Two Playbooks and OS comparison

Thanks ,just side loaded my first Android app....the ever popular Kindle.bar file!  Works well so far.  However I the Kindle cloud version has been working fine for me,other than the orientation lock issue mentioned in the postings specific to this topic.