Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
khiscock
My Device: PlayBook

UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD LIBRARY BOOKS USING OVERDRIVE MEDIA CONSOLE

Hello until recently I was able to download e books from the library to my PlayBook using Overdrive Media Console. I was able to get directly to my PlayBook. However it is now not working. I am unable to download to PlayBook. I have deleted and reinstalled several times. The only way I can read is through my browser. This means I can only read where I have Internet access. I can not understand why it stopped working. I contacted my library but they were not sure what the problem is. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I hope I can figure it out as I enjoy borrowing books from the library. 

Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

Re: UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD LIBRARY BOOKS USING OVERDRIVE MEDIA CONSOLE

[ Edited ]

Looks like nobody on the forum uses overdrive. Threads are mostly a year old if you search for Overdrive on the forum.

The recent reviews on blackberry world say that it no longer works.

Google "overdrive media console on playbook."

Check out the playbook instructions.   http://overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbooksetup-P100.pdf

Contact the developers

Contact the library. 

Remember they only sold two million playbooks worldwide which is a tiny number. Support for this minority app may be hard to find. 

If you dare, you could try the security wipe and start again, but you may lose all your data as you need to backup and restore which is risky. 

EDIT

Ask your library if their website has been updated to the new system which may work differently.

http://help.overdrive.com/article/2088/What-is-an-updated-library-website-and-how-do-I-know-if-I-am-...

Sarah.
New Contributor
julie94752

I'm having same problem...having to read my library books through the browser because the books won't download into Overdrive Media so I'm screwed without WiFi.   Has anyone had any luck coming up with a solution? 

New Contributor
khiscock

Unfortunately I'm still having the same problem.I was the person who posted the question quite a while ago. I can only read my library books through browser with Internet.Very frustrating as it worked for a while for me at first. I do go places where there is no Wifi so unable to read.If you find a solution let me know.

New Contributor
julie94752

Since I was able to download two books when I first bought the playbook a few weeks ago, I deleted then reinstalled Overdrive Media again. No luck. The same thing keeps happening; I download a library book, the playbook says 'download complete', then takes me to a "Download" folder with an "open file" button beside the book. All that does is bring up an error message that says "Unable to find default app". Grrrr. I've e-mailed my library for assistance...maybe they've encountered other cardholders with the same problem.
New Contributor
khiscock

Looks like we are having the exact same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Overdrive Media more times than I can count.I get the same message you do re unable to find default app I have also contacted my library and they did not know what issue is. I see from this forum that the Playbook is not a well supported product . Wish we could sort it out.