Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
Rakac
My Device: PLAYBOOK 64GB

UNABLE TO RUN APPLICATIONS AND PLAYBOOK FREEZES

Please help!!! When i start my Playbook (64GB) and try to open any application, it opens it and then freezes....i can exit application and start different one, and the same thing happends....for example i start Need for Speed game , and i receive message "unable to save game, free some memmory or close other application"

Now i checked memmory status, and i have 660MB free RAM memmory and over 40GB storage memory free....

Any application i try to open, loads, but after some time freezes and blocks.... The icon of blocked application stays "shaded" and cant be started again.....after some time whole system blocks so i have to restart it by holding buttons for 5 seconds.....

Other issue is...i cant delete files from MEDIA folder , i receive message "no permission or file is in use"...

How to delete this type of files?

I am on os 1.0.8.6067

THANKS!!!!

PLEASE HELP :smileysad:(((

New Contributor
Rakac
My Device: PLAYBOOK 64GB

Re: UNABLE TO RUN APPLICATIONS AND PLAYBOOK FREEZES

Update of my problem: I have noticed that content of some application is errased!!! Like application where you save your memos....its empty now....

Is this problem with memory? Maybe some part of hardware on my memory just died?

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

The first thing I would try is a security wipe. This will erase everthing on your PlayBook, reset it to factory defaults and reapply updates. Sign in with the same BBID, then you can reinstall your apps from App World > My World > Uninstalled.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
CKing3
My Device: Playbook8520

Exactly same problem but unable to enter App World to reset.  Will not enter App World or run Facebook.  Freezes all the time.  Only had it for 2 days and have not downloaded anything to take up space

Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

do a security wipe as stated by websites. unfortunately that is the only solution.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.