Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

jybsus
My Device: Playbook -16gb

UNABLE TO TRANSFER FILES FROM MY PC TO MY PLAYBOOK

I  INSTALLED THE DESKTOP MANAGER BUT I CANNOT STILL SEND FILES FROM MY PC TO MY PLAYBOOK.

I HAVE SWITH ON FILE SHARING ON MY PB.

EACH TIME I TRY TO SEND A FILE FROM MY PC IT PROMPT ME " DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED" " YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO PERFORM THIS ACTION"

KINDLY SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, IF NOT I AM RETURNIN THE PD.

RIM IS SUCH A DISSAPOINTMNT

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: UNABLE TO TRANSFER FILES FROM MY PC TO MY PLAYBOOK

jybsus wrote:

I  INSTALLED THE DESKTOP MANAGER BUT I CANNOT STILL SEND FILES FROM MY PC TO MY PLAYBOOK.

I HAVE SWITH ON FILE SHARING ON MY PB.

EACH TIME I TRY TO SEND A FILE FROM MY PC IT PROMPT ME " DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED" " YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSION TO PERFORM THIS ACTION"

KINDLY SOLVE THIS PROBLEM, IF NOT I AM RETURNIN THE PD.

RIM IS SUCH A DISSAPOINTMNT

you must use one of the sub-folders (documents, pictures, video, etc...) the common place is not accessible at all. Hope this help

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
sdenaultca
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to transfer audio, ePUB, txt, Word, files from my PC to my Playbook.

Keep getting Permission Denied regardless of what file I drap and drop into Blackberry Desktop.

The strange thing is all this was fine a few days ago. I unfortunately choose Security Wipe on the Playbook and Wiped it clean. After going through the whole set up process again on the Playbook very little seems to be working as easily as before. I have update, upgrade etc and there is nothing newer according to the Desktop Manager or the Playbook.

Why can I not add any audio book, eBooks, any of these files, why is denying everything I try to put on the Playbook?

My experience with the Blackberry Desktop Manager and the Playbook to date (owned for about a year) has been disappointing, not anywhere near the great and wonderful device hyped by RIM. Support sucks, actions don't go smoothly and there is very little help with really problem areas. Lots of pretty useless video tutorials showing how things should work but nothing showing how to fix the real problems that exist if  you own a Playbook.

What can I do to fix this problem; if I can't put files onto the Playbook of what good is it?

Steve

Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860

Did you have a backup file done before it was wiped?