Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
philalbritton
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

UNSUCESSFUL DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATion

[ Edited ]

I attempted to download a zip file which didn't work, but now I continue to get the pop up notification that the download was unsuccessful How do I get that message to stop popping up?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Re: UNSUCESSFUL DOWNLOAD NOTIFICATion

philalbritton wrote:

I attempted to download a zip file which didn't work, but now I continue to get the pop up notification that the download was unsuccessful How do I get that message to stop popping up?

First thing to try is, in your Playbook browser, pull down from the top bezel the settings option, then in Privacy and Security select Clear All.  Reboot.  That will clear any cookie and local storage problems.

Only if that fails, you may have to backup, security wipe , and restore. Try the easy option first.

My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB

You might also go into the Downloads screen in the browser (just swipe down to get it), and check the file isn't listed there.

I think that I can clear the list. Hopefully that will sort it out.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
philalbritton

I tried the clear cache thing and rebooted. I also checked the downloads pagd on the browser. None pending.

It still was appearing so I deleted the offending app completely.

Now I atill get the notification. I dont really want to do the security wipe thing. It sounds complicated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Security wipe is simple (Settings, Security, Security Wipe, then type in "Blackberry" and go)  Or even simpler type in the wrong password ten times on starting Playbook.

It's the backup and restore of data and reinstalling apps that takes the time.

However in the last reported case of this nagging message it was marked as solution by the original poster.

No, it was not resolved but I think the issue is thT the web site keeps trying to download forum thread header icons and they are a file type not recognized bythe BB Playbook OS. I uninstalled the forum app and just read the forum via the browser and it continues to do the same thing. There doesn't seem to be a resolution to this annoying notification short of not going to the offending site on the Playbook.

Please use plain text.