Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Re: URGENT HELP PLS!. Aspergers son just pressed 'security wipe' on his playbook. Is all data lost????

[ Edited ]

imogengladhart wrote:
yes, I think so(!)

router is sky 'netgear' model.

has on/off button and reset hole into which I pushed a pencil tip and hoped for best (hopeless, sorry)

no facilty to type anything into it though?

Read the router manual or ask whoever changed the password recently. 

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/view-wireless.html

.  Default may be no password at all on a netgear.  Dont forget the two other steps.

________
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: asda

Re: URGENT HELP PLS!. Aspergers son just pressed 'security wipe' on his playbook. Is all data lost????

aargh.
have no router manual.
person who reset password was son who has no chuffing clue.
dont understand what is wrong?
can you explain to me, please?
(sorry if I'm being dense!)
Contributor

the only other thing is I am ticking the box that says: automatically obtain IP address and DNS as other wise there are a lot more scarey boxes to fill in? is this the right thing to do?

i dont understand why it wont let me connect up?
Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Imogene, when you poked that hole on the router, you reset the router to factory state. Now, you need to call sky and inquire what the default factory password is. Sorry, I might not have advised that, but Troy did and you followed exactly. So I can't help you further on the sky router default password. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

imogengladhart wrote:
the only other thing is I am ticking the box that says: automatically obtain IP address and DNS as other wise there are a lot more scarey boxes to fill in? is this the right thing to do?

i dont understand why it wont let me connect up?

You are using manual connection. FFS, just do what I said (twice). You have not deleted the saved network that has saved the incorrect password!! That is why it's asking scary questions, trying to repair itself. 

Delete the saved network, then connect by going to available networks. 

No more help from me until you read what we have said, then do it.   

________
Highlighted
Super Contributor

JSanders wrote:

Imogene, when you poked that hole on the router, you reset the router to factory state. Now, you need to call sky and inquire what the default factory password is. Sorry, keep might not have advised that, but Troy did and you follow,owed exactly. So I can't help you further on the sky router default password. 

...and that's the wireless password, not the admin password which is probably "sky".  Netgears usually have no wireless password set up so look at the link I gave you to help you see what is set, or if blank to set up a wireless password of the WPA-PSK variety. 

________
Contributor

I have read Troy, and have tried to do it!  Dont shout at me, please, I am doing my best [wink]

I will call sky tomorrow am and try to find out the router password.

thanks for all help so far, I am grateful as (as you can tell) I am clueless myself [grin]

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

A suggestion regarding the default password, Try just pressing enter without entering anything in the box.
Contributor

Lostatsea - tried that, it didnt work.

Troy, have looked at the link but am not sure how to see what is set or how to set anything?
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

imogengladhart wrote:
Lostatsea - tried that, it didnt work.

Troy, have looked at the link but am not sure how to see what is set or how to set anything?

First thing it tells you is ...

How to Configure or setup your Sky Broadband Netgear DG834GT Router's Wireless Settings

To setup or configure your Sky wireless router, you will have to log into the router using the following 
http://192.168.0.1 the default details to log in are 
Username: admin 
Password: sky

So you connect your laptop or desktop computer to your router by ethernet cable if it isn't already, reboot the computer, go to your favourite browser, type http://192.168.0.1 into the address and when asked for name and password you use admin (lower case) and sky (lower case). That name and password are usually printed on the router label. 

You then go to Wireles Settings

then click on WPA-PSK button as in the example in the artice

(if you find this is already filled in then that is the password already set, and if it has been fully reset then that is the default wireless password. )

Then you type in whatever password phrase you want into the encryption box. you can use letters and spaces .

I suggest something you can remember like   playbooks are fabulous

then save by hitting Apply.

Disconnect the cable if you want to connect computer by wifi

You then go to Playbook, settings, Wifi,

You click the dropdown so that Saved Networks is showing,

You delete all of them by tapping pencil then trash can against all.

You then go to Available Networks. It will find your router.

You then connect by using the option Dont Use WPS

You then type in password   playbooks are fabulous

It will connect

You will need to connect your other wifi devices to the router using the new password.

Anyone else please correct this. 

Ed:  By the way, to fully reset a Netgear I seem to remember you need to hold in the button for a good 10 seconds. The lights all go off and it takes about a minute to come back. If you find that admin and sky do not allow you in,  then someone has stealthed the router so a full reset as described will still be needed. 

________