Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

Re: URGENT HELP PLS!. Aspergers son just pressed 'security wipe' on his playbook. Is all data lost????

[ Edited ]

imogengladhart wrote:

Is the general consensus that the manual system is better than the cloud one?

2nd prob is: when we tried to start playbook up again this am (having accepted all data lost now) it is not happy!!!

When we first set it up it seemed fine: we connected up to our sky network and set a password and it was all relatively straightforward. but now it goes straight onto 'connect to wifi' page and we cannot get any other page to come up.   sky is now the only option. the 'security type' comes up as WPA padlocked symbol . it is not allowing us to connect up and it seems the password it the issue. it is possible ASD son has changed password but when I try a few diff ones he may have used (he doesnt know!) the connect box is greyed out so I cannot try any other except the original one which it wont accept?

hope this makes sense.

hoping for help as currently have useless item which we cant even 'start from scratch on'.  manager of local store where we bought it just said: 'cant get wireless connection here so cant help you'.  Grrr.

Please give further advice to this frustrated old technophobe and her sad son!.

Reset the router using the button usually on the back, so the wireless password becomes the one on the router label.

In playbook settings, wifi, select "saved networks" and delete them all

Go to "available networks" and connect using the router default password.

________
Contributor
imogengladhart
My Device: Playbook

Re: URGENT HELP PLS!. Aspergers son just pressed 'security wipe' on his playbook. Is all data lost????

will try as advised above.

have just checked password via blackberry ID on pc.
just to be sure, have created new password.
wont accept that either.

so will now try as you suggest above.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You never answered my question. If you're at the initial wifi connection and Playbook setup then are you bring asked for the wifi passwordf or the BlackBerryID?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
imogengladhart

oh **bleep** (sorry)!!!

Have done as suggested above and it STILL wont let me connect (or go onto any other page except the connection page)

Is this a connection prob or is the thing broken????
JSanders

Repeat: "So are you back to the initial setup for the PlayBook?"

Or what specific screen are you on?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
imogengladhart

have tried both bberry id and wifi password and it is trying (and failing) to connect :smileysad:
Contributor
imogengladhart

sorry.
the only screen i can access is the 'connect to wifi' screen.
it asks for 'network name' (SSID) (only 1 to choose from is sky)
then: 'security type' (i dont remember this from 1st time round) but under the sky thing on the top left it says WPA personal, so I am choosing this from the drop down box.
then it asks for password ( which is same for playbook as router etc so dont see what i am doing wrong)
when i put the correct password in it does a little green circle, then says 'associated with network' then says 'attempt failed'
JSanders

And did you reset the router per the instructions from Troy above?

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

JSanders wrote:
And did you reset the router per the instructions from Troy above?

He can write, but not read. I will try again but louder...

Reset the router using the button usually on the back, so the wireless password becomes the one on the router label.

In playbook settings, wifi, select "saved networks" and delete them all

Go to "available networks" and connect using the router default password

________
Contributor
imogengladhart

yes, I think so(!)

router is sky 'netgear' model.

has on/off button and reset hole into which I pushed a pencil tip and hoped for best (hopeless, sorry)

no facilty to type anything into it though?