Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

USB adaptor for Playbook?

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get an adaptor cable for the Playbook with a fitting on the other end that a USB device could plug into? It is one of THE biggest disadvantges of this tablet (that & the lack of Skype...); I like to take it away with me when I travel, as it's so small, but if for example somebody wants to to give me a file - document, photo etc - this is normally on a USB stick, so it is impossible to ge it onto the Playbook as there's no USB port.

If this doesn't exist then Blackberry should invent something....

Super Contributor
My Device: pb

Re: USB adaptor for Playbook?

Playbook does not yet support USB hosting so a USB to MicroUSB adapter is not currently of any use. Maybe next month...?

My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)

www.faceflow.com is the same as skype. Use your bowser. There is a time lag but it does give you video, sound and as a bonus, conference. Both need to be members so you need to ask your friends to join. Same as if you were using skype both need to be members. Its very easy to use. If you use skype then this will work for you.

Someone may have more information about OTG

Regards to all (except BB)
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Thanks, I'll try it....