Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB

Unable to Update Blackberry WORLD ...!!!!

[ Edited ]

Unable to update BlackBerry World after i installed the Brand New Playbook Update 2.1.0.1917....can any one help Please

New Contributor

Re: Unable to Update Blackberry WORLD ...!!!!

This is what ive done so far  ....restarting your Playbook... touch the upper right battery icon > Restart.

After it restarts, try again.

It still will not LAUNCH the UPDATE.... now ive been reading that we have till April 03, 2014 to get the Update.... comeon today is April 01 already....HELP PLEASE

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok so now it sends me to the KNOWLEDGE BASE 

KB35784 BlackBerry World displays

"There were problems completing this purchase" when attempting to purchase an item.

went thru all the steps and STILL NO UPDATE TO BALCKBERRY WORLD...

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16g

I am having the same problem. PlayBook. Probably so would others but they didn't happen to go to BB WORLD today. I also downloaded the OS update. Yesterday. I'm pretty p.o.ed. I had same thing happen as you. Press launch on BB WORLD and it sent me stupid bloody horrible Knowledge Base. So I have no solution. This is what I did to get help: sent tweets to Crackberry, which is oblivious, on twitter, to the OS update; to BB support on twitter and left a comment on BB Blog, where the big news is BB world's 5th birthday. With some free premium apps that I couldn't access. 

I'm hoping it'll be fixed when I get up tomorrow. Also wondering if the BB WORLD thing we can't get to launch is set to go only ON April 4th or even 3rd. That they've buggered up the instructions. You need the OS update by April 4th, on that date old OS becomes useless on BB WORLD. But NO ONE can launch/switch on the new BB WORLD software till its magic start date. And whoever wrote the instructions we read on BB WORLD is an **bleep**. That's one possibility. In line with that I downloaded from BB WORLD tonight with no problem, with the new OS. So new OS works with old BB WORLD. Meaning new BB WORLD is not active yet. Sorry this is so long and so useless. Good luck! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10

the blackberry world uodate is part of the latest playbook os update, as they mention in the link from blackberry world and in thd knowledge base articles. 

as long as you have uodated your olaybook to the latest version you have the app world update.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry Jamead1981, you did not read all of my post.
I Updated my OS for my Playbook ...I now have the new OS installed 2.1.0.1917.

The Problem everyone is having is that after the NEW OS Update we are Unable to LAUNCH the NEW BlackBerry WORLD

I see the BlackBerry World BOX and i See a RED circle with a WHITE 5 sided STAR inside....the Box states Upgrade your BlackBerry World Today. When we click on the box it sends us to the KNOWLEDGE BASE website and it does not UPDATE.... it DOES NOT UPDATE

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16g

Rugburns, read other posts near yours. kitchguy etc.). Responses saying they think just miscommunication. Only one update. The one you and I have. OS.1917. They think is no separate BB WORLD update. The BB WORLD people left out the "disregard if have new OS already" sentence. Possible, don't know if true. I contacted the support via twitter. Can DM them. @blackberrysupport. Another person saying, same problem might help.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Hi, 

I've downloaded the latest version for blackberry but still when i try to purchase an app in the blackberry world, it gives me an error that tells me i am not able to purchase it...the software update should have fixed this already but it didn't..can anyone help me out?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook 64GB

I have the exact same situation.  Once the OS is updated, I get the red star BB prompt. "Upgrade your BlackBerry World  today". Click the prompt and the next Page features a launch button with a title directly above "How to upgrade". Once you press lauch, you are brought to the wrong page.  Has anybody found a fix?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook os

Go black berry desktop and download it should work.