Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
NGBergeron
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook 64GB

Re: Unable to Update Blackberry WORLD ...!!!!

I have identical issue.  If BB World doesn't need an update, why prompt us? Remove it from the welcome Page if it doesn't apply!  Hard to believe we are so few to have this issue. 

New Contributor
NGBergeron

bumblebee17 wrote:

Rugburns, read other posts near yours. kitchguy etc.). Responses saying they think just miscommunication. Only one update. The one you and I have. OS.1917. They think is no separate BB WORLD update. The BB WORLD people left out the "disregard if have new OS already" sentence. Possible, don't know if true. I contacted the support via twitter. Can DM them. @blackberrysupport. Another person saying, same problem might help.

I have identical issue.  If BB World doesn't need an update, why prompt us? Remove it from the welcome Page if it doesn't apply!  Hard to believe we are so few to have this issue. 

Contributor
wepsr60
My Device: blackberry playbook os

Go blackberry desktop and download it should work out for you. 

Contributor
wepsr60
My Device: blackberry playbook os

Go to blackberry desktop and download it should work out for you. 

Contributor
bumblebee17
My Device: PlayBook 16g

Re Weps60. No no no. If you have the OS Update everything is fine. The launch button and instructions on BB World are idiotic and unnecessary. My posts on this were from before the magic date of doom the idiotic instructions speak of,  April 4th. We are past that, I have downloaded an app since then no problem. Everyone go watch tv now or play a game. All is well. 

New Contributor
NGBergeron

Did connecting it to Desktop Manager, pressed update and response generated said up to date. Problem still persists.

Contributor
bumblebee17
My Device: PlayBook 16g

NGBergeron See my reply to Weps60. Thought you'd see it too. Also this is a forum, not BB customer service. You can contact them on twitter. You don't need to do anything. Have you tried to download from BB World? It's fine. 

New Contributor
intrach
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

Downloading free apps is fine..purchasing apps is the problem...

New Contributor
NGBergeron

bumblebee17, so we are to tolerate this button suggesting an update that doesn't work.  is that what you are saying?