Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook

Unable to add iCloud email account?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I haven't found this covered in existing threads... I am having trouble adding the calendar portion of my iCloud account to the Playbook. I have tried more than once and - although it connects to my @me.com email account with no problem - I can't get it to connect to my calendar. It always gives the same error - "At this time, the cal.me.com server is unavailable ... try again later."

I use iCal to retrieve my Basecamp calendars. I also use my gmail calendar which I did connect with no trouble. Except that I do use some secondary accounts which apparently the PB won't display but I'm not sure my iphone does either.  

The only way for the PB calendar to be useful for me is if it can fetch the cloud-based calendars. I don't use device-based calendars that I would then have to sync.

From Basecamp: Basecamp allows you to subscribe to your milestones and events and have them appear in your desktop/web-software Calendar such as The Backpack Calendar, Apple iCal, Mozilla Calendar, or Outlook 2007 or later (Basecamp does not work with Microsoft Entourage at this time). 

I've seen that Clearbridge has an app for Basecamp called Nomad that I might try out if I can eventually get the PB to maintain a wifi connection with less trouble (other posts...) but will still want to connect the Playbook to my iCal/iCloud calendar. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

This is the error screen:

IMG_00000066.jpg

New Contributor
eric_stewart
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unable to add iCloud email account?

I have found that my @me.com account doesn't work through the bridge, but *does* work through WiFi. Curious.
Trusted Contributor
gumnutninja
My Device: playbook

Strange...

I'm only on wifi for the Playbook. I don't have Bridge set up b/c I'm not using any other BB devices (even tho my old Pearl is still my fave alarm clock ;-).

Is there anything particular you had to do with the settings to get it to connect to the @me.com account? Can you see what your server address is for the iCloud calendar? I'd love it if it would pull my contacts too, but it's my calendar I really need.

thx for any clues!

Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

My own domain account setup as imap does not work either via bridge. Yet works via wifi.