Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
bronekk
My Device: PlayBook 32GB

Unable to backup my PlayBook after upgrade to 2.1

I performed full backup just before upgrade and copied all files, then secure-erased my PlayBook (to get rid of all applications I no longer use, in one go) and after setting it up again, installed 2.1 bundle 1032. After this I'm unable to make a backup of my PlayBook.

After setting backup options (I tried both Full and Custom selection) first there's a window "Backup in progress - don't disconnect your device" after which, 10seconds or so later, follows message:

"There was an error backing up

There could have been a problem with the device or connection during the backup. Verify that the device is turned on and connected."

I use the same connection as used earlier for full backup (before an upgrade), it's brand RIM USB cable and the  same USB port on my computer. BlackBerry Device Manager does not signal any issues and I am able to browse network drive Z and copy the data in both directions, without problems. BlackBerry Desktop Software does not  signal any issues either - apart from error message when trying to backup my PlayBook. I "Forgot" my device and then added it to Desktop Software again, but that didn't help.

My BlackBerry Desktop Software version is 7.1.0.32, BlackBerry Device Manager is 6.0.0.48 , BBDevMgr is 4.2.0.15, RIM USB Driver is 4.2.0.14 and PlayBook RNDIS Driver Interface is 1.0.0.38

New Contributor
bronekk

Re: Unable to backup my PlayBook after upgrade to 2.1

FWIW , my backup procedure is exactly as described here http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB26134
Contributor
magellat
My Device: PlayBook-Z10

I am going through the same situation since upgrading to 2.1 from Beta..

No clues at all of what is going wrong......:Helpsmilie:

New Contributor
bronekk

Upgraded to 2.1.0.1088 , but it did not help  :robotsad: