Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ekwati
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Unable to connect Playbook to Appworld

I was previously able to connect to Appworld, but tonight, after entering my login ID on the Appworld site, I get a pop-up to enter my Playbook device password. However, I have tried entering it at least 6 times, disconnected and reconnected it, but each time, I get the following message:

"Unable To Connect Your Device
You have not entered the correct BlackBerry device password. Try entering your password on your device. You cannot access BlackBerry App World on your computer until you have correctly entered your device password."

I've googled it and seen others with the same problem, but no definite solution has been offerred.

SOS please. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LoveMyPlaybook
My Device: Playbook OS2.1
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Unable to connect Playbook to Appworld

I have the same problem - last week I could connect my PB and my BB phone to App World via the PC; suddenly and for no apparant reason I get the same error mesage when asked to enter my PB password - but I can still cionnect my 8250 phone.  Same happens on three different computers, but I can happily connect to App World directly from the PB on the WiFi internet connection.

Any suggestions please?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Yes, dont try to connect to app world whilst pc and playbook are connected together.  (why would you want to?)

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LoveMyPlaybook
My Device: Playbook OS2.1
My Carrier: N/A

Sorry perhaps did'nt make myself clear - I don' want to connect both phone and PlayBook to my PC at the same time - just one device OR the other at a time :-) Also, to make it clear, I am not connecting to App World via both the device and the PC - I have the device WiFi turned OFF.

Why do I want to connect to App World via my PC?  Because it's a darn side easier to edit my account from a desktop - I want to change payment details, for example, and update my catalogue for the specific device while I browse App World on the PC.  I am unable to to either of these because of the error message that I have not entered the correct device password (even though I have!).  I have no problem logging on to App World and browsing unfiltered apps but I cannot browse the catalogue for my device.  My devices are recognised (i.e. correct PIN number displayed) but the device password is not.  

If I can't browse App World on my PC then why bother to have a PC web page that I can log in to with BlackBerry ID?  Just a little frustrating ...

Please use plain text.