Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus
My Device: playbook
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect: again

UnableToSave.png

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
turdusturdus

Re: Unable to connect: again

Came home two days ago, on Standby Mode for the Playbook. Normally, I come home with the tablet turned off. 
Ever since the Standby event no ability to connect with my wireless modem.

Every other mobile technological marvel attaches to the wireless with ease.

No matter what I do to try to repair this, having gone all over the forums, the message above yet arises. Ridiculous!

I wonder how many days this will last, and suspect it will be when the OS we have been waiting for eventually appears!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

Do you have a fixed ip set in PlayBook thst may have been issued by the router to another device?

Do you have too many wireless devices on the router, eg someone visiting with a smarthone?

Have you deleted the connection from your saved networks and tried again? 

No fixed IP
No one else in the area. Router can take many more objects than are here.
Deleted, tried, deleted, tried. Several times.

Nothing works that I've found on any forum, even with older OS variants and so on.

Dreadful!

Playbook attaches itself to other places I visit. But never to my home router, which was shut down and started, too.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

turdusturdus wrote:

Playbook attaches itself to other places I visit. But never to my home router, which was shut down and started, too.

You solved it. Not playbook OS per se, but something in the connection dialogue between your router and playbook.  As you have said you have already deleted the saved network in playbook, I would do a hard reset of the router rather than a reboot. Probably a button on there somewhere.

There is normslly a low limit to wireless devices, usually five maybe ten, even though it will take a hundred or more ip addresses, but you know your router so I accept that may not be the problem.

No need to mess with the router. It works.

And, this morning, I tested the connection, and success. Given that I had done nothing at all overnight, since I was asleep, there is no known reason for it to connect, is there?

I shall turn off the Playbook when I leave and ensure it's off when I return. That should ensure connectivity when I'm back among my network.

Please use plain text.