Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
machivv
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Unable to find App World on Playbook

These regional limitations are in no way connected to RIM, but to your wifi providers at each place where you are. It is these providers who decide what Apps you have access to ...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
lunchtx
My Device: RIM Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

so basically each country's government tells rim which app cannot be run in its country, rim makes a list and lock out the apps according to reach region's restrictions?  in that case does rim track the location with gps or ip?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
machivv
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

As I said, it is not up to RIM. It is the service provider who gives you internet access that gives you access to specific apps or not, or - if you wish - unlocks the different possibilities of they want you to have access to. It is also these wireless service providers you connect to that know your exact location - since they track in which antennae's reach you are at each moment. The PlayBook connects to the wireless service provider through the antennae you are nearest at, and at the same time give this service provider your exact location.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

lunchtx wrote:

in that case does rim track the location with gps or ip?

They do, but only when you setup the BlackBerry ID of your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.