If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
F1MX
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Telcel

Unable to install / Update on first setup

Hi, I've just had to make a security wipe on my playbook (bought a bigger capacity one and gave this to my brother). The problem is it won't update the system, thus it becomes unusable at all :No:

I've even tried to reboot while plugged to desktop manager and it manages to install part of the OS (manager crashes at the install and says the communication is lost), but it will still search for a 24 MB update that it just refuses to install after download. It just goes around 40% and then goes all the way back, prompting the "unable to install" notification. When I made the security wipe it did the same but after the 40 minute download it just got around 1%, which I think could be the same file.

If it helps, at one time it kinda managed to boot, since it loaded the system (but desktop manager says it didn't finish setup) but it had no app world and the notifications at top of the screen didn't work. No icon was usable. So I guess that 24MB update is very important.

I already waited for a new update and didn't work, results are the same to me. Wipe had it in 1.0.1, updates tried are since the 1.0.5 version. Already tried the 1.0.6

Is there any possible troubleshooting?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Unable to install / Update on first setup

Hi F1MX ,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

Like I too faced similar situation while I was trying to update my PlayBook OS to 1.0.5. I tried 12-14 times but each time it failed at various points not exceeding 35MB!! It was very weird for me. But later I came to know that the it is happening due to pressure on the server. I would recommend you to try after some time or odd hours of the day.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
F1MX

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but my trouble is while installing, not downloading.

Plus, I've donde this about at least once daily for the last week and at different hours, so server issues are not a big possibility

Please use plain text.
Contributor
machivv
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Please check if the Desktop Software has the latest Update installed. If not, try updating your Desktop Software, and try again as you did - updating the PlayBook through the Desktop software.

Keep me informed!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
F1MX

Yeah, I've got the latest update on DM.

Please use plain text.