Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
PrHansen
My Device: Playbook

Re: Unable to mount internal storage volume of Playbook

I experience the same problem while my Win7 32bit devices is connected to the Domain.

When I disconnect from the domain and logon, I do get the volume to mount z:

My first thoughts went to the domain firewall GPO must be blocking this.

Reviewing the firewall logs showed many recieved packets where dropped.

I modified the GPO to allow all traffic on 169.254.0.0/16.

This change cleared up all the dropped packets, however the volume would not mount.

I'm begining to believe there must be some other restriction on Networks.

Since the BB-Playbook connects as a Network, I thnk there must be a policy which prevents foreign networks while the laptop is on the Domain.

Has anyone else followed down that path and found some success?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am on a domain and dont have an issue.

might need to look more at GPO and see what might be affecting it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
GrantTarrow
My Device: playbook

Is there no solution to this? I am running on XP I have tried EVERYTHING suggested on these forums and over at crackberry, and I am getting no place. THe internal volume will not mout regardless if wifi is on or not, how many times I reboot everything, which services are running in networks etc etc. I cannot get this to work and there doesn't seem to be any assistance.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

[ Edited ]

What are the settings in storage and sharing?

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fozzie74
My Device: Bold 9900

I have been having exactly the same issue with being unable to mount internal storage volume on my Playbook, and I am not connected to a domain as I use it on my home PC.

Have tried reparing the desktop software install. Uninstalling / Reinstalling but this has made no difference.

If anyone can offer any assistance please let me know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32

All you can do on Playbook is ensure settings in storage and sharing are USB connection set to Windows not auto and file sharing on. The rest of the grief is entirely down to windows networking and she is a cow.

________
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fozzie74
My Device: Bold 9900

The strange thing is when I connect my Blackberry Bold 9900 I can quite happily sync files, videos, files etc however if I then connect my playbook when I click on files, music or videos all I get on the right hand side of the screen is an error saying that it wasn't possible to connect to the device.

I've tried changing the USB connection to Windows and ensuring that file sharing is on but still no joy. This isn't a problem with the blackberry desktop software its definitely a problem with the playbook as my bold 9900 works fine.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what PC os?

what version of device manager is installed?

If on 7, then let playbook be connected for a while to load drivers after removing device manager

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.