Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Unable to play APP

I have dowloaded a couple of free appsand may even buy one or two but I am unable to run them at all.  I have Mahjong loaded at present and previously tried a word game but deleted that.

I have been successful withKobo ebooks and Need for Speed and Tetris, pre loaded work ok.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Unable to play APP

The downloaded apps won't open at all?

Hmm, what about after the 3 button reset?

Contributor

Thanks for that, I tried three times without successwith eachof the two I have downloaded.
Regular Contributor

I reckon a security wipe is the only way to go =/

Contributor

Thanks for that I have been on You Tube to find out how to do a security swipe.  I am only a recent purchaser so not keen to do that so will have to think a while before taking the plunge.  It worked with the book reader, appeared to download the others but they will not budge.  Frustrated and will update here if I sort it either way.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're not able to download apps either? Which OS are you using?

Also, before doing a security wipe, you can backup your data using the Desktop Software, so at least you'll still have your data =)

Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  The APPS appear to have downloaded but fail to open/function once done.  You ask what OS I am using and it is the one supplied by RIM, I might have switched to another but thought some are not compatible.

Regular Contributor

Oh I meant which version. OS 2.0 is the latest version from RIM =D You can check that under settings too if you want but yah. Hope you get it sorted soon mate =/

Contributor

Security Swipe completed and re built The Bridge and downloaded successfully and now working. Previouslythe app did not appear on the front screen. Thanks for the help.