Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

albs101
My Device: blackberry playbook

Unable to reset password

hey all,

i have forgotten my BBID password. i have tried recovering it but have forgot my recovery password. 

i am now stuck. it doesn't give me any other option apart from keeping on trying to guess my password. i can't log into anything to allow me to change or recovery it.

i have been looking for an answer on the FAQ and the forums to no avail.

Ideally I need an email reset option but it doesn't give it.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

al

Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

Re: Unable to reset password

[ Edited ]

If you cannot remember the secret question, or If the BlackBerry ID password is forgotten and the email address for the BlackBerry ID is no longer accessible (Such as and ISP change or deleted email account) a new BlackBerry ID would need to be created. See KB24062 to create a new BlackBerry ID.

You then need to backup and security wipe the Playbook, and then set it up using the new BBID.

Sarah.
albs101
My Device: blackberry playbook

thanks for the reply. 

the email address is still used as its a work account and a work playbook. i registered it to allow updating and addition of apps but its gone horribly wrong as ive forgotten the passwork and recovery question.

any way to email BB from the email of my BBID to reset it that way?

thanks

al

New Contributor
docdenbow
My Device: Playbook & Q5

I am having exactly the same issue.

The site does not recognize the answer to my security question so it won't allow me to reset the password.

I have tried all of the options above. 

Can I just set up a new user id with same screen name and email addy?

If I can will I have to change anything on my Playbook (which knows the password!)

Super Contributor
sarah75
My Device: Playbook

docdenbow wrote:

Can I just set up a new user id with same screen name and email addy?

If I can will I have to change anything on my Playbook (which knows the password!)

If it has the same screen name and email, how will it be a different blackberry ID?

If you create a new blackberry ID, the Playbook will have to be Security Wiped and set up from scratch with the new ID. You will have to buy the apps again.

Sarah.
New Contributor
docdenbow
My Device: Playbook & Q5

Thanks for your help Sarah, but thanks to my wife I manged to remember word which enabled me to reset the BB password for my id.

All I have to do is re enter my phone contacts now!