Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
mhendershott
My Device: 9700

Unable to start application xxx Error Code: 2

Bridging with a BB9000 I was originally able to use all bridge applications. 

Ofter upgrading the bridge software on my blackberry, which was recommended through Appworld, all bridge applications are non-functional on the playbook.

Every one returns the error "Unable to start application XXX - Error Code: 2"

I have tried the recommendations in KB26707 and those mentioned in KB26643

Both have failed to fix the issue.

Some bridge data is passing as I can see that there are new email's in the notification area on the top left.

I upgraded to the 1.0.3.1868 code for the playbook and the problem persists.

Tethering is fully functional.

I am unsure where else to go in troubleshooting this issue, and would like to avoid a wipe of either device if possible.

Suggestions are appreciated.

New Contributor
mhendershott

Re: Unable to start application xxx Error Code: 2

I tried everything I could without wiping but nothing worked.

Finally, I performed a security wipe on the playbook, but did nothing to the blackberry it was bridged with and now after setting up from scratch all is well in bridge world.

So, one resolution to this error condition is perforing a security wipe on the Playbook.

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

What application are you having issues with?

New Contributor
mhendershott

During the time this error condition was present, the issue was with every bridge application.

Messages, Contacts, Bridge Browser, Calendar, BBM, MemoPad, Tasks, Bridge Files

It didn't matter what I launched, Error code 2 was reported, with the application name in place of the "xxx" as referenced in my subject line.

After asecurity wipe on the Playbook, everything began to work again and I have not experienced the situation again.

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Ok sounds good, keep your eye on this and let us know if the issue comes back.

Cheers,

jlswing
My Device: Playbook

I am experiencing the same issue - not just with bridge though.  Several apps are missing the icon above the description and when I try to launch them I get the "Unable to start application xxx Error Code: 2" with xxx = the application name.  When I try to connect my Playbook to my PC the PB responds but the desktop software just stays in a connecting mode and it never appears connect, even in my drives.  My Bridge apps all appear normally (icon not missing) but they start to launch then just close without leaving any error message.  I saved a file on it this weekend and was hoping not to do a security swipe.