Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
DaveWillow
My Device: Playbook

Underscore & Email ...

HI everyone,

I'm sure there's a simple answer but I can't add an underscore when trying to setup a Live.Co.Uk email address on my PlayBook. I have the latest OS installed..

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Dave.

Developer
ujwalnambiar
My Device: Z10 LE

Re: Underscore & Email ...

You need to add a underscore?
--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE :smileywink:
Developer
ujwalnambiar

Dear Dave,

In the keyboard->123?->press on "&%" once, ->underscore(_) right above "&%" key.

Good luck.

--

Super Contributor
sarah75

[ Edited ]

ujwalnambiar wrote:

Dear Dave,

In the keyboard->123?->press on "&%" once, ->underscore(_) right above "&%" key.

Good luck.

Ujwal, the playbook keyboard is not like your Z10.  Be aware that picking up unanswered posts may open up other forums. 

The 123sym key on the keyboard will give you alternatives. With the two dot key giving more options

The playbook keyboard is also context sensitive and will give more symbols for passwords, at sign for email addresses etc, 

But I agree, why use underscore in an email address? May cause you problems. 

Sarah.
Developer
ujwalnambiar

sarah75 wrote:

ujwalnambiar wrote:

Dear Dave,

Good luck.

Ujwal, the playbook keyboard is not like your Z10.  Be aware that picking up unanswered posts may open up other forums. 

The 123sym key on the keyboard will give you alternatives. With the two dot key giving more options

The playbook keyboard is also context sensitive and will give more symbols for passwords, at sign for email addresses etc, 

But I agree, why use underscore in an email address? May cause you problems. 

Sorry, didnt realise I was in the playbook forum. Thought I was in the Z10 forums, that why the cross-posting.

--

Super Contributor
sarah75

[ Edited ]

No problem, I have done it too. It's a fault with the forum design. Solved posts are forum specific, Unanswered are general.   

Sarah.
Developer
ujwalnambiar

sarah75 wrote:

...It's a fault with the forum design. Solved posts are forum specific, Unanswered are general.   

I agree.

--

New Contributor
DaveWillow

[ Edited ]

Guys, thanks for the replies but you are all missing the point and maybe I should have explained properly.

I know how to add an underscore but when I add it in the email address (example: me_here@live.co.uk), the PlayBook mail app brings up an error and say the email address is not valid.

I understand about using underscore's in email addresses but this address was created way back and I wanted to add the account on my PlayBook.

I hope things are a little clearer?

Cheers,

Dave.

Super Contributor
sarah75

OK understood. of you look at the standards, underscore is allowed in email addresses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address#RFC_specification

I just tried me_here@live.co.uk with xxxxx password, and I didn't get an invalid address error, I got a "Try Again" with your ID or password error.   

Sarah.
Super Contributor
sarah75

I just created an email address with underscore in and added it to Playbook app no problems. Don't know what you are doing wrong. 

Sarah.