Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & BOLD 9700
My Carrier: telcel
Accepted Solution

Unresponsive Screen

I just purchased a PlayBook. The tablet works flawlessly until it goes asleep. After this, the normal finger swipe across the screen does not wake the tablet up. After pressing the power button to bring the tablet to life, it is unresponsive to the touch. After updating the OS, this problem remains. Please advice. Thank you

My SN is: 1343-4539-5560

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Unresponsive Screen

try to press and hold the power button for 10 sec.

or try to press and hold the power button plus the two volume keys for 10 sec

Contributor

Hola WesPro,

thanks for the quick response. I´ve tried this repeatedly, but it only turns it off. Doing this, does not reset my tablet!

can it be a hardware issue????

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

After rebooting, what do you see on your screen?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

pxdiaz wrote:

Hola WesPro,

thanks for the quick response. I´ve tried this repeatedly, but it only turns it off. Doing this, does not reset my tablet!

can it be a hardware issue????

Hi PX try to connect your PB to your desktop manager and update.  You need the most updated verision of the Desktop manager and a USB

Contributor

after contacting BB support here is their response:

Hello Pablo,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. We are pleased to assist you.

I believe this reaction is a result of your PlayBook Software becoming corrupt.  This is not common but easily curable.

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel. 

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it.  Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information.  The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us either by replying to this message or by calling us at one of the numbers below.

Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Brandon.

BlackBerry Customer Support

So, just followed the instructions and testing........

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for the update, let us know if it does the trick or not.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

The solution provided by the BB support worked like a charm. Thank you every one for their help. I can now breathe esier and enjoy my new gadget......:Clap:

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to hear it and thanks for posting back your results. Enjoy the Playbook.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V