Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

ETT
New Contributor
ETT
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Unwanted connection to nearby strong WiFi signals

Two new WiFi networks have recently appeared nearby with signals strong enough that my Playbooks often connect to them instead of to my own network, and I am always having to go into the settings to switch to my own network. My signal is good, and I even have a range extender located at the far side of my house, but if a Playbook is more than one room away from my router or extender, it connects to an outside network. My laptop does not have this problem. I am not too experienced with networking, and would would like to know whether there is a simple fix for this problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Unwanted connection to nearby strong WiFi signals

Your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet remembers the Wi-Fi networks you connect to and automatically connects whenever you're in range. If multiple networks are available, your tablet connects to the one closest to the top of your list of saved networks.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Change_reorder_delete_wifi_network...
Please use plain text.
ETT
New Contributor
ETT
My Carrier: Rogers

THANKS. I had never used the Saved Networks feature in the WiFi settings, so I never discovered this capability which easily solved my problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Carrier: ATT

Yup! no problem. :smileyhappy: if any question feel free to come back on here to ask for help
Please use plain text.