Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
chaosdivine
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314) and Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746)

Re: Update 2.1.0.1088 is released

[ Edited ]

nimonic wrote:

I get the same problem when entering text in google search box one letter and keyboard goes down. It is only on the google search box. I hope this problem is quickly rectified

On the Google actual website? http://www.google.ca works fine for me, no keyboard gets hidden and remains on screen. Also, if typing in a query into the URL address bar within the Browser and press Go, it works fine too. The keyboard does not dissapear.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

[ Edited ]

chaosdivine wrote:

nimonic wrote:

I get the same problem when entering text in google search box one letter and keyboard goes down. It is only on the google search box. I hope this problem is quickly rectified

On the Google actual website? http://www.google.ca works fine for me, no keyboard gets hidden and remains on screen. Also, if typing in a query into the URL address bar within the Browser and press Go, it works fine too. The keyboard does not dissapear.

I have the same phenomena. It seems to me it is Google who "jumps into conclusion". Entering the first character makes the search engine jump into predictive offering mode. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
surdos
My Device: playbook 64GB
My Carrier: giffgaff

gd point but cba
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

Its new but I think it's Google at fault. Doesnt seem to happen if signed in to google, for me anyway.

________
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Even after entering goggle.ca on the blank Web Page, after entering the the first character Google jumps into conclusion and offers search results. In this process it rewrites it's webpage with search results based on the first character.  This is when the pop up keyboard disappears. Annoying!  

I think there is may be some incompatibility between the PlayBook's browser and Google. There is a whole list of incompatible websites. At least this one still works.

Annoying but there are bigger issues to worry about.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Entered the update and all is well here.....so far

Gene
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nasher45
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: SimFree

I noticed you can now select a web address on the drop down window when typing one out which was a bug before as it didn't select anything so you ended up typing out all addresses in full!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
crochetsister
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

I am VERY hesitant to download the .1088 update.

The reason for this is because when I updated to the .668 update earlier this year, the native email app became unusable.

When the .1032 update came out, I tried it and email works better than ever for me.

So, I really don't want to try this latest update for fear that email won't work and fear that I won't be able to go back to .1032.

.... I will lurk and wait a little longer  (if it ain't broke, I'm not messing with it).

-Lee Ann

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

godot2011 wrote:

Even after entering goggle.ca on the blank Web Page, after entering the the first character Google jumps into conclusion and offers search results. In this process it rewrites it's webpage with search results based on the first character.  This is when the pop up keyboard disappears. Annoying!  

I'm not seeing this problem with the google search page, so it's not an across the board issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

JSanders wrote:

godot2011 wrote:

I'm not seeing this problem with the google search page, so it's not an across the board issue.

Are you signed into google by default?  It happened to be recently, but I think it happened a few days after 1088 installed. I'm sure its gooogle trying to be smart again. It stopped as soon as I surrendered to Google's charms and signed in.

________
Please use plain text.