Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
smcenroe
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Update 2.1.0.1088 is released

Yes google seems to working now, Facebook chat through the browser still does not work.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cjw43
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: NCF

I installed 1088, without apparent problem.

I have been using the BB playbook tablet for some months, but made a typo with the email address, to add to my problems, I've forgotten the password.

I reported forgotten password.  but BB has no email address to which to send info.

Following this, I did a security wipe, ready to make a clean start.

The Blackberry ID page appears.  I can enter my email address but Forgot password is not responding.

Finally, I register as a new subscriber (logical isn't it?).  Now I have to reload 1088, 300+ MB

Colin W.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

Anyone checked apple's blog site? I wonder if everyone is singing praises there. :Clap:

I thought I insert a bit of fun.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
malie1
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

As with everything nothing is perfect I really can't complain for 200 bucks it has been a good investment however I do not want to download the latest upgrade, wish it didn't show I have an upgrade avaiable everytime I turn it on
Please use plain text.
Visitor
twostar
My Device: PlayBook 16gb wifi
My Carrier: N/A

I just received my playbook and setting it up required me to upgrade to 2.1.0.1088 and since I had no laptop on hand, I did it.

Most obvious problem after the upgrade is the loss of slacker radio. I searched for it on Google and it had a download link, but the message on appworld said "this item is not supported by your current device profile" same goes for pandora and foursquare.

Then I tried to look for it manually in appworld but could not find it. Nor could I find foursquare.

I haven't really explored the forums and I'm having a hard time, if you guys know a thread that will help I'd really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jarviser
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

If you just received it and only ever had 1088, how can these apps be "absent" if you never had them?

Those apps would need installing, assuming they were available either from app world or from goodereader.com as converted android apps. Was this playbook pre-owned?

Slacker radio is here  http://goodereader.com/apps/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=1094

You need to sideload it from a computer using one of the many tools available. I use google chrome browser with extension Playbook App Manager. 

twostar wrote:

I just received my playbook and setting it up required me to upgrade to 2.1.0.1088 and since I had no laptop on hand, I did it.

Most obvious problem after the upgrade is the loss of slacker radio. I searched for it on Google and it had a download link, but the message on appworld said "this item is not supported by your current device profile" same goes for pandora and foursquare.

Then I tried to look for it manually in appworld but could not find it. Nor could I find foursquare.

I haven't really explored the forums and I'm having a hard time, if you guys know a thread that will help I'd really appreciate it.

Forget about Google. Get Slacker Radio from BlackBerry  App World.  The shortcut is shipped with the OS. As far as I know Pandora Radio is not supported on the PlayBook. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

Slacker may be shipped with playbook in your country but not mine. it is not in my app world for playbook. It it was why would goodereader produce a .bar file? 

Why "forget" google chrome? Until the other sideload tools  run on Mac oSX and Linux it's the only option for non windoze users.  try it, you'll love it.  

________
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
godot2011

TroyTempest wrote:

Slacker may be shipped with playbook in your country but not mine. it is not in my app world for playbook. It it was why would goodereader produce a .bar file? 

Why "forget" google chrome? Until the other sideload tools  run on Mac oSX and Linux it's the only option for non windoze users.  try it, you'll love it.  

I guess I was not clear. Slacker is not shipped with the unit or the OS. BlackBerry App World is. One can find Slacker on App World.  At least in Canada. 

Also I did not mean forget Googe chrome.  I meant it is much easier to download Slacker directly from BlackBerry App World. Sorry for the confusion. 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
TroyTempest
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

No problems. It must be a regional thing, searched app world for slacker, slack,  slacker radio, slackerradio, cant find it. I am UK so must be only for Canada and maybe US. It's not the only app we don't get here. OP didn't say where he was from.  

Cheers.

________
Please use plain text.